Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stupid trailer mix up

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by buffblazer, Nov 2, 2005.

1. buffblazer

buffblazer 1/2 ton status

ok this is it i know its in the wrong thread but bear with me. i am going off to college (Wyotech :saweet: ) in December. im in oklahoma right now and it is about 700 miles away. (i used to live in Loveland Colorado about 3 years ago so im not a true okie :rolleyes: ) anyway i need to haul the blazer and i went and bought a trailer. real nice and was only 600 bucks :eek1: just needed a jack. well before buying the trailer i measured the rear weel width but completly forgot that GM made the rear shorter than the front :doah: anyway the tires are 31/10.5/15 and the rear barely fits. and the front is two inches too wide. so i had to go to the local yard and pick up 4 ratty tires and rims :doah: so the moral of the story is dont brag about a new trailer that you cant even load your truck onto :smile1:

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

just get a bigger hammer :waytogo:

3. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

you can hang your tires off the trailer a little bit. just make sure everything is strapped down good. if you wana do a cheap fix make two small boxes out of angle iron where the tires go and put wood on the inside. that way your tires are all on trailer. either way you should be fine

4. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It's 80" wide with 15x8 4" BS wheels.

Most trailers are no wider than 82.5" between the wheelwells. Old style car haulers are around 76" wide. Many trailers are exactly 80" between the wheelwells.

5. stano

stano 1/2 ton status

Yep had that too. i forgot the exact measurments but the Blazer front wheels with the tire buldge are about 1 1/2" wider than the trailer fenders?????

I put a piece of carboard on one side and a piece of carpet on the other to get the Blazer on the trailer and squeezed it through. only did this to get it home and now looking for a better idea to put the Blazer back on in the future. I supose I will have to make a detachable fender on one side?????

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

even my tyrailer 10k equipment cant do more than 83" wide. :crazy:

7. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Couldn't ya just back it on the trailer? :doah:

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

too much tail wight!

9. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

tried that ONCE and ONCE only. very very bad for towing. lol i have to remove the wheel wells on my trailer to fit the jimmy next year with the new tires.

10. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I just run over my fenders.

11. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

LOL, ya I didn't think about what the tongue weight would be :doah:

12. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm making drive over fenders. My trailer is 82.5" between the wheelwells. A Jeep on fullwidth axles can drive over the current fenders but my junk can't. For long trips I just swap tires... makes it trailer 100x better and the gas mileage increase is worth the hour of swapping. It'd be nice to be able to just throw it on the trailer for short trips with the big tahrs on it.

The other problem is that the rear tires are up against the back of the fenders for proper tongue weight. It's an 18+2 car hauler.

13. buffblazer

buffblazer 1/2 ton status

well get this i went to the junk yard and got four tires and rims for $50. good deal right? well i went to mount the tires just to make shure everything would work and the hubs are a half inch wiide than the hole in the rim :doah: so the back will work but the front wont. so my solution is to put the rears on. and take the spare from our burb 33/7.5/16 and take the spare from a friends burb and load it up that way. so if you see a 2005 red 4 door silverado hauling a blue k5 with 33's in the front and 31's in the back you can point and laugh at the redneck from oklahoma