Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid U-joint question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MilpitasK5, Jun 26, 2003.

1. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Are both sides of a u-joint for a 10-bolt to NP208 the same size?

I got a U-joint from Kragen (as shown in a previous post, and the sides that go the yoke were too small so I'm assuming it was the wrong ujoint.

I wanna confirm before I take it back and shove in there faces /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. (3rd time in a row that they've given me wrong parts but they're closest auto store).

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Are both sides of a u-joint for a 10-bolt to NP208 the same size?

I got a U-joint from Kragen (as shown in a previous post, and the sides that go the yoke were too small so I'm assuming it was the wrong ujoint.

I wanna confirm before I take it back and shove in there faces /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. (3rd time in a row that they've given me wrong parts but they're closest auto store).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean both sides of the same U joint, yes they should be the same.
    This is not a conversion U joint for connecting different axles.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

thanks Isaam! You always answer my stupid questions!! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

I am a fan of looking it up myself...it is usually more accurate than the parts counter guys at Kragens: http://www.partsamerica.com/

It is usually cheaper online, so you have to tell them to honor the cheaper price as well.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Fear not, Brah! Rita just picked up your U-joint. it will be at City Hall by Noon! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif