Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupidest Lines in The Fast and the Furious

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blaze, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Here's something from this month's Car Craft. Thought you guys might enjoy it!

1. "This public service announcement brought to you by Castrol Syntec."

Let's see, a few words from "star" Paul Walker on how bad street racing is followed by 107 minutes showing us how wonderfully dramatic it is.

2. "Yo, Try Fatburger from now on. You can get yourself a double cheese with fries for $2.95."

A double Fatburger with cheese is really $5.49 and fries are another $1.69. Like we wouldn't know.

3. "I need nos!"

Then say nitrous, you jackass

4. "amateurs don't use nitrous oxide. I've seen the way you drive; you've got a heavy foot. You'll blow yourself to pieces!"

Oooohhhhh... nitrous is so scary!

5. "I need one of those big ones. Actually, let's make it two."

Because a nitrous system's worth is measured by the size of its bottle?

6. "Granny shifting, not double-clutching like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of nos didn't blow the welds on the intake."

Um, has this guy ever driven a car?

7. "Yo. You know you owe me a 10-second car, right?

Excuse us, you mean that puke-green Mitsubishi was runnign 10s? Our spleens just burst.

8. "That was an $80,000 vehicle officer."

An $80,000 Mitsubishi Eclipse?! The neon undercarriage lighting must have been really expensive.

9. "I've never driven her." / "Why not?" / "Scared the ***** out of me."

It's a '70 Charger! The only decent car in the whole movie, and he's scared of it? Let's get Vin Diesel over to Cedars-Siani so they can check for the presence of testosterone in his body.

10. "I live my life a quarter-mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage. Not the store. Not my team and all their bull****. For those 10 seconds or less, I'm free."

Um, Vin, would that be the first 10 seconds or the second 10 seconds of your run in that Mazda that you're free?

BONUS! "Ever since the first time I met you, I've been undercover. I'm a cop." / "Oh you bastard."

Yeah, who'd have guessed the only blond-haired, blue-eyed guy amid all the blacks, latinos, and asians was a cop?

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

How about the title of the movie? "The Fast and the Furious"

Buzzzzzzz...*shift* Buzzzzzzz *shift* Buzzzz..

Ya...that has me shaking in my boots *rolls eyes* And they are so fast *rolls eyes again*

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

It cost me 5,000 to get my car into the 10s. If I put 80,000 into it I would probably be into the 5s /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Dan

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, but chances are your car was actually worth spending money on to get it into the 10's. It takes a lot more for an Eclipse to get there /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Yeah, whats the deal with the "welds on the intake" Never seen welded intakes...in fact, aren't most performance intakes aluminum? which you can't weld?

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Aren't the big drag strip top fuellers intakes all welded ? Even then, that's a far cry from a ricer !

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Aluminum can be welded and I have seen hand fabbed aluminum intakes...it's still a stupid line though.

Rene

7. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

How about stupid scenes? When the Eclipse was able to keep up with the kick a$$ Charger? Give me a break!

8. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

How about stupid scenes? When the Eclipse was able to keep up with the kick a$$ Charger? Give me a break!

<hr></blockquote>

When did this happen... I know they put the supra against the charger at the end.. Was i asleep when they put the eclipse against it... Oh well.. Oh yea.. the supra could keep up with the charger if it was built right... those supra's are kick ass cars considering the price of them.. I dont consider them rice.. kinda like the 3000GT vr4, last model year of the twin turbo rx7, etc... they cost to damn much up front and ricers couldnt afford it..

9. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

`And now the mad scientist and I have to tear the block appart, and pull out the piston rings you just fried'

I dunno about fying piston rings, so much as shooting a rod... plus, if they'd really done that much badness to the engine, wouldn't it not work for him to save vin diesel? just an observation...

another thing that bothered me although it wasn't a line in the move, was when they had that red ford truck piled high with boxes, sticking out every direction... you know, physicaly more then 4 times as much stuff as that supra was? &lt;shrug&gt;

another thing that bothered me.... each 10 second race lasted approximately 5 minutes... long enough for things like the laptop to come up with `Danger to Manifold' flashing in bright red and yellow letters as he was racing... if that were a true 10 second race, he'd have gotten the danger to manifold message after he finished the race, or at about the finish line...

oh well, I laugh a lot every time I see it....

-Rich

10. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I thought the movie was a bit cheezie, but when was the last time you watched a "car" movie that was not unrealistic, and cheeze. The most "ricers" are decepticons, but if your car was a front wheel drive you would realize the motors are built diffrently, as are the suspensions. The supra that kept up with the Charger, who knows. But I do know first hand a Toyota bottom end in stock trim will withstand over 800hp. All the V8s I've seen with that power have built bottom ends. I think that the rumble of a domestic is awsome, but the technology in these new jap cars is very interesting.
    Detroit has noticed as well the technology is awsome. Once they apply the new found jap tech. all of our domestic vehicles will be sweet. Case in point the Chevy trailblazer dynamic cam timing 4.2 l 270hp, as compared to the 4.8l v8 275hp. Awsome. So before we bash the unknown (ya ya we all know the F&amp;F cheeze beyond cheeze) take the time to look and see what their all about. Not everyone likes imports, and belive it or not, not everyone likes domestics. But we can learn from each other

11. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Ok, its just pretty hard to get the stuff not to melt first...

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Welding aluminum is as easy as welding steel with the right equipment. Additionally if it ain't melting you ain't welding./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rene

13. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

If I ever get the chance to pick up a TT Supra I will. I loved them long before F&amp;F.

In the scene w/ the truck load of parts, if you notice the bumper cover on top, its for an Integra.

(For a kwik chuckle) The dealership I work at is right next to a high school in an uppity part of Tampa, going to lunch is like actually being on the set of F&amp;F! LOL! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

14. JerseyBlazer

JerseyBlazer Registered Member

i thought that movie was really stupid, im still trying to figure out why the eclipse was making all the noises of a turbocharged engine and when they showed it with the hood up it was a non turbo???!!!

15. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

Not a line, and I saw someone else here note it first when the movie came to the theaters, but the shot of the charger spinning its wheels while poping the front wheels up. You might be able to do one at a time but physics dictate you can not do both.

16. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

I know i made a post about that but mine had to do with looking from the right camera angle you could see the bars under the car that pushed the front end up in the air.. as the car comes back down you can see them pull back up under it....

17. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, a know what I meant/forums/images/icons/wink.gif guess I've never used the right equipment

18. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Did anybody ever see the Pay Per View where they put American Muscle cars up against ricers ? These rice cars are only good for short little bursts ........ they canot be driven for long periods of time without overheating something feirce ! The guys on the PPV were running at a distance of an 1/8 mile instead of the 1/4 and in between runs, they had to pack their engines in ice to keep them cool, so for the guys in Fast and Furious to run them like they did is absurd !

19. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

My buddy and I keep falling around giggling when we work on our trucks, we keep quoting number 4. "I need NOS! Needs more NOS!!" HeeHee!!

20. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

No you've got it wrong it's
    NNNNAAAAAAAWWWWWWSSSSSS!!!!

I have yet to see that movie and never will, it is soooo fake and just fuels the ricer crap. Guys driving economy cars adding 200 pounds of weight to make them FASTER? Faster then what a go-cart? One question how does a HUGE rear "wing" that is supposed to add downforce to a REAR wheel drive car help a Front wheel drive. Doesn't it just push the back down and take the weight off the front tires?? Don't get me wrong there are fast foreign cars like stated before. I respect the TT Supras and VR4's, but 90% of the foreign market is SLOW! I have a 3.3 1990 Oldsmobile that has 140,000 on it and I can pull on almost all of them out there! It's great beating something that has 5,000 in "Performance" parts!!! Such a waste of money .....

*Breathe*