Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupidity Hurts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jhellwig, Sep 13, 2005.

1. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

Yesterday I was trying to ride wheelies on my atv. The only problem is that the susspension has a nasty habit of kicking out from under you when you get the front up so far. I had done several succesfull wheelies and then.........OH SH*T.....*thud*...I am on my back in pain and can't breethe. Man that sucked. I have never been so freaked out in my life. I couldn't get a full breath for about 15 seconds which felt like 15 minutes. I am just lucky that my wheeler hit on its back rack and landed on its wheels and rolled away from me. Now all the muscles in my back feel like they were ripped out.

So: Big heavy ockward atv + wheelie = :eek1: :1zhelp: :shocked: :confused: :crazy: :doah: and what ever emotion is for pain.

Surely someone has a better story of stupidity.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I was pissed at a welding project back in the day, so I was wailing on a telephone ole with a wire fence t post. They weight like 7 pounds or so. Third hit came and clocked me on the right ear. I was dizzy, and not at all mad anymore

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thursday night, nuff said... :crazy:

4. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Threw a ratchet once that bounced back and broke my finger, was pissed off enough not to go to the doctor, now I have a crooked finger. I don't throw things anymore.

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i'm a vert skater with enough stupid, bust my face stories to write a book..

prolly the most embarassing was back when i was about 16.. we had been skating this backyard pool for about a week... so we bring some girls to watch us skate. everyones hangin out at the patio furniture takin a break and bs'ing with the chicks..

so i decide to be a showoff and do a roll-in into the deepend.. ya ride along the deck and kickturn in over the coping and down the wall.. like this...
    [​IMG]

tho a pretty new, crazy trick, i had it pretty wired at that point.. the prob was this backyard pool didn't have standard coping like the pic, it was all these roundish rocks cemented in place.. making the trick pretty suicidal..

everybodies hangin and i'm like, check this out.. well, of course my back wheels hung up and i faceplanted it to the deepend from about 11'... hardcore slammed my shoulder and got a nice scrape on the cheek for my idiocy... lucky i walked away...

my buddy Dan would bring that story up for years.. he'd be like, "dude, that was the sickest thing i've ever seen somebody try!" its funny the lengths of moronity a guy will go to to impress a girl... :doah: :crazy: :haha:

6. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

Thanks all. Now I feel like the smart one........... :D :D :D

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:haha: :haha:

I was replacing window framing on the outside of my house this weekend. I put the hammer on top of the 12 foot ladder and climbed down, then moved the ladder gently so the hammer wouldn't hit me on the head. I walked away for something else, then came back and moved the ladder again, suddenly remembering the hammer was there. Right after it nailed me in the center of the head and left me wondering what my name was for a minute...

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i left a complete gear out of my transfer case, then posted here wondering why i didnt have low range :mad:

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

stupid stunts...

I once did a 300 Ft. burnout in my 69 GTO, with a police cruiser in plain veiw!!--too bad I wasn't looking in that direction! :doah: :(

--but the cop was pretty cool--after he looked under my hood,and asked me a bunch of questions about my drivetrain and engine,he let me off with a written warning.. :bow: ..but he still watches me like a hawk to this day in all my other vehicles,and that was about 15 years ago!

Then there was the time I decided to drink several beers before mowing my lawn--and I drove my riding mower over our well water pump cover,chopped the aluminum cover off the top of it,wrecked the blade on the mower deck--then proceeded to drive it off the retaining wall about 3 ft high,when I moved the hydrostat tranny lever the wrong way! :doah: ..I didn't get hurt,but the tractor needed a bit of TLC after I got it off the wall,and back on all 4's!--damm near rolled it over! :yikes: :tongue1: :crazy: ...I dont drink and mow anymore... :rolleyes: :haha:

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's the why they say that the final thing a redneck says before dying is "Hey, hold my beer and watch this." Why is beer mentioned in all of the "stupid" stories that I have?? :doah:

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Then I suppose we would call, large quantities of beer for breakfast followed by large amounts of whiskey a "Hillbilly thing" :doah: :whistle:

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's called "fishing" and is best done on a boat. Near the camp. With no hooks, just in case. ;)

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

14. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

A guy around here did the same thing a few years back. Only he was mowing down the middle of the highway. Needless to say he got a OWI out of it. Apparently the cops didn't like it when he trides to evade them on the mower.

I have also done something stupid involving being pissed, a hammer, a tractor tire, and my forehead. Do I need to say more? :doah:

15. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

wellllll.... hmm.. i dont want to post this as it is VERY dumb... like some of the others.. but its funny as all hello!!

so.. picture a truck bed trailer. full size chevy long bed frme section included no axle, sitting flat on the ground. i have to scrap it.. no tortch and no plasma... BUT I HAVE A CIRCULAR SAW!!! and a saws all.... so i cut the front section out where behind the cab would be, then i run the circ saw up both sides.... the lade doesnt go all the way through... about .75 inch short.... break out the saws all.... only one blade and some odd cuts... get 2/3rds of one side done.... no more blade. WELL, im a talk lanky feller.. SOOO... i get this great idea to stress out the little remaining bits of metal by bending them. they should break....

this is where it gets funny....

put two arms on the drivers side bed side.... NOW... (im an idiot for this part) put not one, BUT BOTH legs up on the pass side and procede to pus. right as you think "hey, wait a second.... WTF am i doing?!? im going to..." WHAM!#%@~@#$~!@# "OWWWW @#@$$'ing trailer" so i walked away with my neighbors wondering if i am ok, a gash in my left shin down to the bone and a chip in my right elbow where i broke it 10 years ago. the chip is still there along with yet another shin scar.....

this was just under 2 years ago.
    Grant

16. AZPiNsTrIpEd

AZPiNsTrIpEd 1/2 ton status

Me and my dad were carrying my 700r4 out of the back of his truck and I had the torque converter wiggle loose and land on my foot. It hurt like hell :mad: The worst part was that I was wearing sandals!!!!what an idiot

17. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

Truck-Axle=BAD :doah:

Jul31^64.JPG

Jul31^65.JPG

18. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

My daughters dog got out of the backyard. I chased it around front, upon rounding the corner my left( outside) foot "rolled over" the sandals I was wearing and I heard a pop and felt some pain. Went wheeling that day wearing my army boots, foot still hurt. A trip to the doctor revealed a broken 5th metetarsal, outside bone in the foot. 8 weeks in a walking cast. Was packing up to leave Gilmer over labor day. Wearing the same sandals I kicked a cooler I was pulling to the truck. Stood my right big toenail up like a car hood. Electrical taped it down for the 3 hour trip home. Went wheeling with a buddy on Sunday. No back seat in the Blazer and I got stuck riding in the back on the way home. Over some small hills I slid forward enough for the same toe in the same sandals to hit the pass seat leanback handle and stand the healing toenail straight up AGAIN. I threw the sandals in the trash when I got home. I finished pulling the tonail off this morning in ths service area of the dealership I work in.

19. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Stupidity,,,

Rain,,Tree,,, Blinding flash,,,Thunderous roar,,,,Then silence,,,,

Get the picture????

Lucky to be alive,,,,, :eek1: :eek1:

20. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Couple of weeks ago. I needed to weld a couple of brackets to hang my tailpipes off of. Had to reach way up with one hand and hold the bracket against the bottom of my bed ('75 K-5). I lost my cap, and I was quite sweaty. My bald head touched something metal up under there and gave me a darn good shock to the top of the head.:eek1: :eek1: :eek1: Think it was smokin', cause it did smell funny up under there, and my britches were dry!:doah: