Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stupidity in the truck world

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by snake383, Jul 8, 2006.

1. snake383

snake383 Registered Member

so what kind of a guy buys a truck thats closer to running than his original truck just to part it out and sell off the leftovers? that would be me. why? because a 71 looks better than a 76 and ive already busted my ass on the first one so much it seems like its worth yanking a motor/tranny/tcase from one truck and putting it into another (which also has the parts already in it) than to just replace one f$%$ing head. am i the only person who does these types of illogical things just because i like my truck, not the parts truck (which is 5 years newer but just about identical)? i know its pointless to mention this, but whatever. maybe someone will give me that one peice of reassurance that i need to carry on with this heinous amount of money and time i pour into things that are generally broken more than running. or you could just all call me an idiot. whatever

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

every truck I look at I make the decision if it should be a parts truck or not worth my time

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Welcome to club stupid:D

4. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i think about my truck sometimes, and think of swapping a different body onto it in the future, but keep all of the original frame and drive train (original meaning what i've already put into it) because it's my truck, and i love it, and it always needs to keep its original back bone, and thereby, soul. :)

5. snake383

snake383 Registered Member

well, at least i dont feel that bad considering. the whole trucks soul thing was kinda how i felt/feel as well. then again, i am a member of club stupid, so what do i know?

6. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

I'm right there with ya. If i was to get ahold of a 91, mint, silverado blazer, i'd rape that thing and give my 75 a new lease on life! Granted there may be quite a bit of the 91 there when i'm done, but it's still the 75's frame, top and body, therefore it's still the 75........right??:crazy:

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

thats what the state of MICH and my ins company think.:haha: it's a 1979 GMC jimmy.:rolleyes: :rotfl: