Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stuttering K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lthrwolf, Dec 20, 2000.

1. lthrwolf

lthrwolf Newbie

Ok, Im having a bit of a problem, lemme explain. My 82 K5 started (very mildy at first) losing power. I could rev the motor just fine, but when i went to drive it it started cutting out and i barely had my foot on the gas pedal. if i pressed on the pedal more, it would almost die. I could however go about 20 miles an hour without a problem. I am rebuilding the carburator now. (its a quadrajet 4barrel) the engine is a 350. Is the carb the problem or could it be something else? This truck is my BABY!!!!

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I love it when I hear that someone treats their Blazer/Jimmy as their baby!

Did you check the fuel filter? A clogged one will cause those symptoms. Also check spark plugs, wires, distributor rotor and cap.

Good luck.

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

3. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Carb is good place to start, if you have another fuel filter besides the one in the carb inlet make sure to replace it. If it still does it then you know it is time for a tune-up :P Don't think anyone on here can be definate if that will be it(we can't see your truck or engine compartment) but it is a good start. If you havn't replaced the plugs in a while I would do that. Mine is running rich and plugs will start to foul and it will do that and I have to take the plugs out and clean them, if I don't it will just eventually not start and I will have to replace the plugs. Would of been cheaper to rebuild the carb(soon soon) but just moved so broke. hehe Good Luck.

Vincent Michels 1978 Blazer
    Http://www.bruiser.coloradok5.com