Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sub and side panels completed

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Derf00, Jan 14, 2001.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I finished our new side panels, capreted them and got them re-installed. I tried to go all out on enclosure for the sub. I bought some Dynamat and lined the inside of the fender with it, got some acoustic filler and put in the enclosure and made sure all the joints were sealed. I think I got a pretty good seal on the sub, because when you push in on it, it comes out slowly. The sound is awsome.

The project would not been as successful as it is without the help of a couple of members who really know what they are doing. DBLAZER sold me the right sub and amp, and BlazinOr gave me advice on his similar install. THANKS GUYS!

Will post pic on our web page as soon as developed.

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Hey, Congrats!!!!! Also, if the airspace is right, dont use the filler, it isn't needed. Again, I am very glad that it is all workin out, I cant wait to see the pics. See ya

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://dblazer.coloradok5.com>http://dblazer.coloradok5.com</A>

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

We'ld like to see some pic's if you can!!!!! Don't you love it when you finish a great project??? I know I do!!!!!

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

could u write up a tech about it. ?
    as u know i am intereste din doing it but have absolutly NO clue where to start

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

5. EODBRIAN

EODBRIAN Registered Member

very cool. curious as to why you didn't install ports?? considering doing this in the spring and placing the port where i still have access to the last topper bolt. bad idea?? thanks.

EODBRIAN

6. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

I plan on doing this in the spring/summer as well and I had the same thought about the last top bolt as well. I was trying to think of a good way to leave access to the bolts and not give up too much to the sound.
    Has anyone built a storage box into the side of the panel? I was thinking of putting a sub on one side and a small storage box on the other.

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

There is enough room on the right side behind the spare to store a few small things. The depth behind the side panel is 3.5". As for the last bolt, it may be a bad idea on my part, but the last time we removed and replaced the top I decided to leave the bolt out since it was such a pain to remove and replace. Since I did this several months ago and have not had any problems, I didn't give it any consideration when I built the new panels. It would be relative easy to make the space accessable and still remain air tight for the sub.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Derf00 on 01/17/01 06:31 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

8. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

That topper blot is useless, mine has been out for years I can tell no difference with it gone. No leak or air comes in,

Ben
    www.BenjaminBone.coloradoK5.com

9. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

The last bolt that is mounted upwards, it was a security against theft.....Mine has been out for about 7 years now

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"