Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sub barn doors

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by darkshadow, Jan 23, 2004.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

did a search but found nothin has anyone swapped a tailgate to barn doors? what problems did you run into? I guess ill put the burb back on the road and i want to do this swich thanks guys! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Oh what do you call it....The sill thingy in the bottom is different. I am sure there are other differences, but they are not coming to me.

If you lived closer, we might as well trade, as I would rather have a tailgate /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

The bottom where the tailgate mounts is different the top where the window rolls into is different, the sides where the doors hinge is different . . . I've heard of it being done, but never saw one though.
    I wanted to try this but ended up getting a new body instead due to rust.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i was talking to a guy who was interested in my 91 he was in to burbs and said a friend of his did the swap and wasent that hard. I met a gut today with 6 chevs at his place (i sent him over here) and he has a barn door burb hes parting in the summer so i'll check it out! you sub looks great i'd love to trade!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Thanx, but believe me, it is a 100 yarder /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif