Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sub boxes for a k-5?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cornfield creations, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

I am fixing rust on my 79 k-5..again... and trying to make it more DD friendly. I already have two eclipse 15" subs in the back. Now I know they are big and all and take up a lot of room. But I am kinda looking for more ideas for a custom sealed box that may give me more room in the very back, or at least make the box not seem as big. Right now I have a sealed box just side by side with the amp on top. Anybody have any ideas or pics?

2. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

just an idea, custom fiberglassed into the side bed behind the seat. I made custom panels for my truck that have hinges behind the seat that open and I use the inner fenders for storage, with some creativity a sub could fit in there.

3. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I built boxes for my truck that fit 2-10's over the wheel wells, on the sides of the bench seat. I will dig through some pics to see if I can dig anything up. The reason why they are 10 and not the original 12's I had wanted is because when I was calculating the total volume I could squeeze in there it worked out to be 1 cubic foot. Which is just whats required for those 10's, where as the 12's needed 1.5 and I couldnt get that much volume out of it. I think it came out pretty good, I have a stereo that sounds pretty decent and I have not taken up any room in the back at all.

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Yep I did the same.
    Built a box that formed around the wheel well. Then I just added a square flat piece to the front to make it look better.
    [​IMG]

5. terrier72

terrier72 1/2 ton status

[​IMG][​IMG]I did the same one side has my subs and the other side has my amp.