Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sub kicking in and out

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bad_bo_ti, Jan 29, 2004.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

in my 93 chevy i have a box under the box seat with a 8in kicker speaker (just one) every now and then i will notice the speaker kinda kicks out, the bass sounds like sh!t but all the other speakers work, then if i turn the bass adjustment up it will kick back in but then when i turn it back down to normal it will sometimes kick back out. whats going on, it never did this before, is the speaker blown? if so i guess thats a good reason to put the cerwin vega 12's i got in it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. the excuse

the excuse 1/2 ton status

it could be there isnt enough power going to it. maybe your amp isnt powerfull enough and it cant pull it back in. does it move in and out smoothly or does it rub? get a jl amp and matching sub and all your problems will be solved.

3. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

well yesterday i got to playing around with my crossover and it seems like if i wiggle a couple buttons on it, it will kick on and off, so i think i got a loose, or bad connection in the crover switches /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif