Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sub Mudding in a Diesel.

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by FastFob, Oct 14, 2002.

1. FastFob

FastFob Registered Member

Anyone in here do it?
    Is it harder? Easier?

I had my eye on a 87 Diesel 3/4 sub. And I did my homework
    on diesel power and was very intriuged. I like the technology behind it,torque and the mileage.
    The cons though is the lower RPMs and the lack of aggressive acceleration.

My sub will be mainly a Dog hauler/Mud/Trail Vehicle.

2. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

mudding in a sub diesel shouldn't be ALL that differnt than muddin nething. yeah they can't go as high of rpm's but you don't need em all the time cuss with a diesel all that low end torque will turn the tires and as fast as a gasser would so u could clean yer tires. so it should do good. but a sub diesel owner will prolly know the answer best. later.

jacob

3. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

I would say it kicks a$$!! Mine's only a 1/2 ton (hopefully changing to 1-ton running gear someday), but I have had many mudflinging hours of enjoyment out of my diesel 'Burb /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif There is FAR less to waterproof on a diesel compared to a gasser. Maybe it's the mud around here, but I have yet to get stuck in mud, and the only thing I've broken so far is a shock mount busted off the axle from dropping it on a rock hidden in the mud... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif