Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sub(s)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by pismorat, Nov 15, 2002.

1. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I have a '79 Chevy single-cab pickup truck, I have a Sony Cd player and two Sony 6.5" mids. I want to put in a sub now. I was thinking one 10" sub, but should I use one 12"? It isn't that big of of an area inside. I was thinking of going with JL or Kicker, but what type of amp, and would it fit under the seat? Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm not sure, but what do you think of (2) 8" or 10" subs in the small truck style boxs behind the seat ???? You'd have too look into air space requirements for the subs. Once you know what sub will work in those slim boxs, then you'll know what power range the amp will need to be. I'd recomend you contact BozoWise sence he has a car stereo shop and deals in this stuff daily. I'm sure he can recomened the right subs and amp for your app.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

In my truck i couldnt fit a 10" box behind the seat, i hadta go w/ a single 8" but its got enough bass for me.

4. incognyto

incognyto Registered Member

I just recently put 4 x 12" JL audio sub's in my regular cab GMC Wrangler quite a crazy install. all the sub's behind the seat, seat is all the way forward. one JL 500/1 powering all 4 sub's sound's great and shake's the hell outa you when your not offroad hehe great for wheelin withdrawl's.

5. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I've got a single 10" in a QLogic box behind the driver's seat in my 79. It hits pretty hard and is plenty powerful for the small cab but I am going to put another 10 behind the pass. seat. Of course it helps that I have it hooked to a 600 watt amp mounted to the back of the cab.

My brother has 2 12s in his truck and it is loud. I think mine hits harder /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, but his can get down into the low low range. He's running the same amp.

6. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Just let me know if you need anything. I wold make sure you look for a sub that needs a small sealed enclosure. A JLw3 or a Crossfire P1 would both be excelent subs for small airspace emclosures.