Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Subaru STI

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by dysphemism, Apr 21, 2003.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

I WANT ONE!!! 2700 lbs, 300hp, all-wheel drive. Slick. Thats the very first car I've considered buying that isn't american. The only issue is cash. Yargh!

[​IMG]

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

BLEAH! Nice wing.....

3. dysphemism

Plymouth Road Runner has a wing...no muscle car people seem to mind it.

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I love it. My other car is an Impreza 2.5RS. Fun cars to drive and it's kinda four wheel drive LOL.

-Brian

5. dysphemism

Nice man. I was trying to save up to buy a used WRX but now that this sucker is coming out I want one so bad! Hopefully they will have really low resale value for one reason or another /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Superbird wing is different. That served a purpose. The Subaru, while not a bad car, merely has the wing to appeal to the import tuners. I like the WRXs, but they have a small spoiler and not a gaudy wing. Just my opinion, take it for what it is worth, which isn't much anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. dysphemism

just on a side note, the Superbird's wing is so tall because of the need to open the trunk /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I thought that was a pretty cool little tidbit. I guess the wing is a tad much but I think the overall styling is slick. I don't doubt, however, that you would need a wing of that caliber when taking it to up to its top speed of around 150. In a car that light I wouldn't want to chance it. I saw a video of a RX-7 hauling ass on the salt flats and it flipped over from the wind force. Also, the rally racing WRX's and STI's have giant wings, and you know that those guys could care less about looks, only function. I will say that its not some normal rice rocket, the STI and WRX actually have some guts to them. I raced a WRX in my mom's camaro ss (shhh dont tell) and that little bastard almost took me, it took me like 6-7 seconds just to catch up to him after we launched.

8. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I've always liked the STI. Until I lived in Japan I didnt care for the cars but after owning a GTR, 2 GTS-T's, and driving my friends STI's and EVO's. I found out I really like turbo charged cars. Something about being able to get 280hp out of a stock straight 6 engine. I dont mind the wings when there not too big and slightly functional. I really hate seeing all these honda's with giant wings on them and the cars are front wheel drive!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Whats really bad is most of the crap I consider ricer thats big over here I never once saw done in Japan. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif