Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Subject: 4WD Problem solved

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by djm, Mar 25, 2000.

1. djm

djm Registered Member

It works!!! I picked up a set of Warn hubs for $79 and installed them today. Everything seems to be working fine. The old hubs were shot, one blew up as I took off the cap(picture the snake-in-a-can gag) and the other hub was missing altogether. The whole job was much easier than I expected, I did it with the tires on and no jacking in under an hour. After that I conquered a small mud hole that kicked my ass last weekend. Thanks to everyone who replied to my previous posts. My next project will be passing that new goddamn NJ emissions test, that is a whole other matter...
    Dan

2. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Way to go Bud,,, see, it's not to hard.[​IMG]

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

3. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

The emissions chk, hmmmm I got my old 77 through by raising the octane levels, ran almost empty then put 5 gallons of 102 aviation gas in, and shoved a bottle of 14 octane booster in on that, the first trip through without all that it failed, second trip through with the hot gas it breezed through, soon as I got the inspection done, I went down the street and filled up on low octane to balance it back out..WK

4. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

did you have to get the conversion kit
    to go from auto hubs to manual ?????

i bought the warn manual #9790

how many holes did you old factory auto hubs have ???
    mine have 5 / the warn replacements i just got have 6
    holes...

5. djm

djm Registered Member

I removed an old set of manual Warn hubs. They had 6 holes just like the new ones. I didn't get a conversion kit. I didn't even need to install the snap ring on the axle, popped the hubs in and that was it. I had no idea how cool 4wd is, the truck really launches in 4 low.
    Dan