Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Subject version 2....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Dec 2, 2000.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Ok, so the other subject tile didn't draw any interest.

Has anyone else install a 4" skyjacker on a 90 Jimmy? I haven't lowered it baqck down on the tires yet. But it is looking like the brake lines are going to be a little short. If so, where is the best place to get some braids?
    and I will be starting on the rear springs as soon as I get the front done. Anything to keep my eyes open for back there?

Don't you buy no ugly truck!
    http://"mccordhouse.freeservers.com"

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

If you are using poly bushing, make sure to put a lot of greae on them. I learned the hard way by not paying attention while someone else put on one of the springs, and forgot to grease the bushings. Squeaked a lot and rode bad, I had to take the whole thing apart and fix it. I think Pro Comp makes braided lines, and a local shop probably has some too.

90K5

3. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I didnt want to use the brackets so I got some extended stainless braided lines from pro comp... Well worht the 110 bucks!!! I love the look they add!!! Look great on 4 inch with 35's!!! There about 25 inches long where my stocks were 19.5...
    Go for them!!!
    Well worth it!!!

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

4. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

How much is alot of grease for this application? I got a pretty good size glob and rubbed it around the outside and some in the inside, but as I push them into the eyes most of the grease gets displaced. Just don't see how you use alot of grease.

Don't you buy no ugly truck!
    http://"mccordhouse.freeservers.com"

5. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you got enough grease then. Brake lines....Pro Comp or Earls (who makes Pro comp). When you get them, go down to the hardware store and get four big washers for the end on the front lines that go through the frame (11/16" hole diameter). Put one on each side of the frame, then the line and secure it with the jam nut that comes with the brake lines. The lines were just a tad small for my 79 in that area and I wanted to make sure they didn't come loose.