Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sublime wrecks over static-x

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k5ntexas, Sep 23, 2003.

1. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

she was living in a single room with three individuals. one of em was a male and the other two well, the other two were females. god only knows what they were up to in there. and furthermore susan i wouldn't be the least bit suprised to learn that all four of them eventually smoke marijuana cigarettes. reefers

i smoke two joints in the morning, i smoke two joints at nite. i smoke two joints in the afternoon it makes me feel alrite. i smoke two joints at time a piece into a time of war. i smoke two joints before i smoke two joints then i smoke two more.

*disclaimer* this is a song only by sublime before you go freaking out. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

jacob

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

What's the purpose of this post....Are you stoned? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Y'all listen to some crap......... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah, Sublime is the bomb... but Static X still OWNS ALL!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The lead singer from sublime died years ago. Can't everyone just let them go? I think they're cool and all, but how do they sell so many albums if their lead singer is DEAD?

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Momma she once told me son, you'll be hard workin' man.
    and momma she once told me son just do the best you can.
    But then one day i met a man who came to me and said... said i work good and i work fine.. but first take care of head.

Yah, the singer died from some Santa Cruz Heroin. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Stay away from those west side SC slingers down by the boardwalk yo. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Ummmm... maybe because the music is cool, perhaps??? I guess I shouldn't have bought that Nirvana CD a few months ago... and perhaps I'll go burn my sublime CD's... hmm... maybe I'll go ahead and delete my Tupac MP3s while I'm at it... Oh and 2 of my Kid Rock CD's feature Joe C... better get rid of that I guess...

When you die, I'll be sure and erase any memory I have of you and never bring you up or anything... that is if I ever meet you /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

no i'm bored an i wanna get to 2000 posts sometime soon. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

jacob

9. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

Mr. Ted Nugent should have organized an intervention on that sublime dudes ass and got his carcus out hunting bear or GreatWhite Bufallo or some $hit....now thats a trick for ya'...a drug free rock-n-roll crusade via Theadore. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

sublime [darn] sucks!!!

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Y'all listen to some crap......... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Atleast it's not country. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

12. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The lead singer from sublime died years ago. Can't everyone just let them go? I think they're cool and all, but how do they sell so many albums if their lead singer is DEAD?

[/ QUOTE ]

cuz some people don't know about em and they'll play their music on the radio and be like hey i like them. find out who they are, buy their music and like em. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [darn] is the problem listening to dead musicians? Are ya another bandwagon jumper?

Some of the hands down greatest are long dead, yet still sell albums. Jimmy Hendrix, Zeppelin (drummer dead), Sabbath.........I could go on and on. Fawking comments like that are just proof that people have no appreciation for good music............

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

To compare Hendrix, Nirvana, Zeppelin, and Sabbath to Sublime is like comparing my [darn] to fine cuisine. Of course bands like that live on, they were cool before their lead singer died.

Sublime seemed to suck before their lead singer died and now they continue to sell albums.

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    To compare Hendrix, Nirvana, Zeppelin, and Sabbath to Sublime is like comparing my [darn] to fine cuisine. Of course bands like that live on, they were cool before their lead singer died.

Sublime seemed to suck before their lead singer died and now they continue to sell albums.

[/ QUOTE ]I dissagree. I grew up in the Led Zeppelin era, and I for one am happy that I don't have to hear Plant's whiney voice on the radio anymore. I myself would much reather liston to bands like Deadblime, or Static-X then the old geezer rock. The geezer rock is boring to me anymore. I need something to get me pumped, or I'll fall asleep. No offence intended to anyone who likes the geezer rock, or even country, but keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with the newer music also.

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I dissagree. I grew up in the Led Zeppelin era, and I for one am happy that I don't have to hear Plant's whiney voice on the radio anymore. I myself would much reather liston to bands like Deadblime, or Static-X then the old geezer rock. The geezer rock is boring to me anymore. I need something to get me pumped, or I'll fall asleep. No offence intended to anyone who likes the geezer rock, or even country, but keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with the newer music also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would give credence to that, but it has been proven that you're level of music appreciation doesn't go mush further than "Mary Had a Little Lamb."

This is all about picking out that one Kirk Hammett guitar rift on "Justice for All" and comparing it to other guitar greats. It goes a lot deeper than who's new, it is though all about getting into the music. If you got a problem with Plant's voice, then that's ashamed cause their stuff just fawking rocks, pure genious. If you can't stand Plant's voice, there are orchestras that have done Zeppelin, no singing, just the music.

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

I would give credence to that, but it has been proven that you're level of music appreciation doesn't go mush further than "Mary Had a Little Lamb."

[/ QUOTE ] There is no reson for personal attacks. Don't like me, so what. Right now you're not very high on my list of good people and you don't see me making personal attacks like that.

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I agree with bubba. You hate country music so you apparently have no taste anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

So what, I don't like country. Does that justifie personal attacks ?? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

20. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

no it doesn't but if you just ignore and turn your back people will leave you alone. instead of adding fuel to the fire. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif