Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Submarine and back

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by chevyin, Jun 12, 2006.

1. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Some of you may have read the post on my under water adventure, in the 80 k5. But i'll give a short recap. I bought a clean, mostly stock 80 from Tazz, to use as a daily driver.
    It started out as they all do {we had a 4in lift kit and some 33in tires laying around}, but still a cool DD. So one day me my dad and brother decided we would check out the trails above lake Lopez in the rain. We had a liitle fun with no problems. On the way home we decided to check out the dunes{here in pismo}. Long story short, high tide, lots of rain, and creek crosing=k5 under saltwater above roof.
    Changed the diff's', TC, motor fluids 3 times, and the trany 5 times. New carb, intake and more misc than I want to remember. She is preforming great.
    Lost a couple of parts allso,,,,, did I mention I'm looking for a daily driver again?

Pics

P5310015.JPG

P5310016.JPG

P5310018.JPG

P5310019.JPG

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Must be good ... I see a 73-75 K5 and either another 76+ or a pickup with a shell back there :haha:

-- A

3. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Good one I did'nt check out what was in the background. Yea thats a yellow s10 blazer next to the house, with a blue/white 79 and a white 73{both 1ton} closer. Oh yea and the stock 79 in back. Projects are fun.