Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Subs

Discussion in 'Audio' started by James90, May 25, 2000.

1. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

What kind of subs sould I get and amps to run them only porb is money I cant spend to much on them.

Thanks

James

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

2. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

A good place to look for reviews and stuff like that is sounddomain.com. once you get a handle on what is awesome, good, and crap, then i suggest going to Biddersedge.com and look around over there for the subs you want. i would suggest earthquake subs and earthquake amplifiers. but my opinion is kinda biased because thats what I use, and they are a little expensive. most companies have there low end stuff and there high end stuff. kicker subs are real nice, and they dont cost to much for there middle ground stuff. pioneer subs are real nice and so are audiobahn. but the best information i think i can give you is look around and listen to some different subs and decide what you want. and if you live near a tweeter, check them out, sometimes they have buy 1 get 1 free sales and stuff(they just had one for Xtant subs) OH WAIT. just thought of something. the company Bazooka makes bazooka tubes, they are subs in tubes all you need to do is amplify them, they arent that bad either. not top of the line, but its not crap like jensen either. if you just run one 10 or 12 inch sub, look for a amp that will put out like 200 watts bridged. if you want more than one sub, than just look for one with more. i guess thats it, sorry for makin it so long.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Aint nothin' like the sound of Chevy Thunder

3. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

My favorite subs are my JL Audio 12's. I got 2 JL W0's for $190. They are cheap and they sound great! I'm using a 300 Watt Infinity Kappa amp that I bought on a closeout sale from crutchfield.com. The Amp cost $180.

4. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

Im with crazeebush, i have two 12" JL W3's in a dual bandpass box and they slam like no other, have them hooked to a 600 watts jenesn amp that i got a sears for 200 bucks

Your right I dont understand the jeep thing!?

5. 80Jimmy

80Jimmy Registered Member

I would go with Rockford Fosgate amps. They can be a little bit expensive but they last forever. I currently have a Fosgate punch 800 a4 pushing 2 clarion 12's (200 watts each) and two Cerwin Vega 12's (800 watts each). It pushes them for hours and doesnt even get hot.
    That amp retails for $750.00 but I can get them for about $500.00 and the 2 cerwin Vegas retail for $220 a piece but I can get both for about $300.00
    If you need anything just let me know.

6. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

80jimmy(could noyt find your name)

I still have a little work to do on the inside I will talk to you when I am ready. Thanks

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

7. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

When It comes to bass dont worry to much about the amp. Dont get me wrong I dont want you to buy a kraco or a Roadmaster but since all you are worried about is power not so much the high end or cool gadgets. You need to look at the damping factor the higher the number the better also look at RMS watts not peak power. This is going to sound bad but I bought 4 12" Blaupunkt subs at Best Buy and built a sealed box. I mounted them clam style isobaric and My rear view mirror fell off. I paid 69$ a piece for them. I did have a Rockford punch 200x (in 1994 this was cool!!) pushing them but I sold the subs to a dude with a 600 watt california amp that cost him like 250$ and It provided hard hitting bass from low 40 htz to hard hitting 120 htz bass...

8. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Sub Choices. Well JL Audio is a good choice. kicker is great if you have space limitations. Cerwin Vega rock but are expensive. US Amps are a nice amp so are MTX Amps. MTX are inexpensive and take a beating to.

<font color=purple>79' K-5 396cid 600hp, TH350, NP203</font color=purple>
    http://79blueknight.homepage.com

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status