Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suburban 3rd Seat Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer85, Feb 26, 2001.

1. Blazer85

Blazer85 Registered Member

I know this should be in the Suburban forum, and it is, but I know this topic gets a lot more traffic so I am putting it here as well.
    The third seat in my '89 Suburban will not latch. I have tried everything that I can think of, no luck. The only thing that I can see that may be holding the seat up is the bolts that hold the shoulder belts in place, but that can't be, can it? Factory belts? Has anyone else ever had this problem? Help! My kids love to sit back there and I won't let thim until I figure this out.

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Lots of times a lot of crap gets into the pockets where the seat latches. Remove the seat and clean out the pockets and try again.

ken

3. Blazer85

Blazer85 Registered Member

Thanks for the advice ken. I cleaned out the seat latches, but that is not the problem. The latches lack about 1/2" from going far enough down to latch.