Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suburban axle info

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by iowncjs, Mar 12, 2005.

1. iowncjs

iowncjs Newbie

i am trying to find some measurements from a 1980 chevy suburban (4x4 6 lug axle). front and rear spring centers and what the wheel mount width is on both axles. can any one help? when i pick up my suburbans i will have at least one if not two bodys(interior, glass, etc...). im using the axles and 350 from one, in another rig.. i should also have a 1978 suburban everything minus the engine and drivers door... i might not remove the engine if some one gives me the right amount....just e-mail me if you are interested or you have some measurements for me
    thanks
    p.s. e-mail me at cheapjeep5823@aol.com

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

same as pickup

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The spring centers on the front are all the same for blazer, burb and truck. I'm pretty certain that all the widths are the same also as long as its a 10 bolt or D44.

Just a reminder, sounds like you're looking for some tech, but also sounds like you're trying to sell the 78 which belongs in the for sale forum and not here. :thumb:

4. iowncjs

iowncjs Newbie

hey i was just asking about the measurements thanks for the info that they are the same as a blazer and a truck....i did not mean to put the suburban for sale on this part...it wouldnt let me put it in "for sale"