Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suburban Body Bushings.....yikes!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GaBnn3, Oct 4, 2005.

1. GaBnn3

GaBnn3 Registered Member

I'm not a mechanic and am trying to do my own repairs on my 1988 V-10 Chev Suburban. I'm considering tackling the body bushings. I POR-15 the underside and noticed they all look worn, but I haven't had any body sway. I'm going to send it to a bady shop the replace a quarter I got from the junk yard, and don't want to pay for work I could do myself. The manual describes a simple procedure, without disconnecting any wiring or, I was curious about, the steering wheel. What do the experts say. Should I attempt this and is it that simple?

2. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

as long as all the bolts come out, yes, it is that easy, loosen all the bolts on one side, use a jack and wood to lift the body as needed, and do one at a time, leave all wiring, steering and brake lines in place, you only need to lift the body about a 1/2 inch, no more then 1 inch for sure