Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suburban buckets in pickup?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Dec 30, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

noticed when looking in a sub they have that hump under the seat like the pickups do..would a bucket from a suburban bolt into a pickup? with the expetion of making a couple extra holes for each seat?

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

never looked in a sub before. i would be interested in how they fit /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

hell i don't see why not, i meen subs did come with bench seats too, so.... yeah i am gunna say yes!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

No they dont. I am in the middle of trying to make some 87 burb seats work in my 78 K20. The floors go up at a different spot, and the floor of the burb goes up all the way across, whereas the pu trucks have a v shape cutout in the center of the floor for whatever reason.

Dan

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hmmm do they at least bolt up in the front or not? id be interested to know how urs come out..i always wanted ot put buckets and a console in my truck rather than the bench...

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

well there you go so they dont fit all i knew was that they made some with benchs. there is a pu in town here that i see has 3 buckets in it but i am sure that there must be after market at least the middle one its like 7 inches higher on the hump

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I think my 84-88 parts manual shows that the pre-'88 trucks COULD get buckets as an option. I'd have to go back and look, but I do recall seeing it and second guessing the illustration.

If anything, the seat tracks are are probably the only difference, GM was pretty good about keeping the seat patterns the same. Of ocurse, if the pickups COULD get buckets, good luck finding them. If it WAS available as an option, I have yet to see one.

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i heard they were to but its pretty rare i guess..i wish i could fabricate ive got a nice set fo blazer seats sitting here

9. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Hmm i didnt know it was a rare option! I have factory buckets in my 84 K20 that i was gonna swap into my CUCV.

10. dyeager535

There ya go!

You should post pics. I'd be interested to see what they did with the center area between the seats, and what kind of seat travel you got. Heck, even what style of seats they use!

Sounds like a collectible. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. 73k10sub

73k10sub 1/2 ton status

I would be interested in pics, part numbers, etc. or any additional info you could round up. I too would like to put buckets in my CUCV ('86 M1008).
    Thanks, Ronnie

12. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

i guess i could, theyers just a plywood box in between the seats now, im guessing it would have had the console origionally. I'll have to check it out tommorow as its just a parts truck i have and its at work(free storage /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)

13. dyeager535

OK, according the the 85-88 parts manual, you need options A95/6K8/6K6 to geet buckets. These are definitely buckets from a truck or suburban, but this manual does not say which body this is for. Anyone that has a suburban with buckets, if it helps any, it shows two (apparently spot welded) small brackets on either inboard seat track, at the front, and on both outboard tracks, the front bracket looks to thread into the floor.

4 bolt in brackets on the passenger side, and it does not move. (has no tracks, seat frame bolts to floor with 4 brackets) Arm rests on both seats. Drivers side seat has moving seat tracks, look like the design is a copy of the K5 brackets, just shorter.

The seat numbers are listed as the same, 15594773, although I *think* you have to look it up in another catalog for either side, as the illustration once again shows a slight difference.
    Outside drivers seat track is 14023889, inboard one is 14023890.

Seat belt numbers don't cross with bench seat vehicles, although by illustration they look the same.

It does list a "06" seat/bucket seperately, I *think* 06 is the burb body style.