Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suburban dome light

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by OldBlew, Mar 17, 2002.

1. OldBlew

OldBlew Registered Member

Ok you guys, before you yell at me, I did do a search.......
    I've replaced all my door switches and the headlame switch. The dome lights come on when I hit a bump or something. Then they will be OK for a while, and work fine. Then I start blowing fuses!
    I must have a short but I cant find it. Can anyone tell me where the wires are?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I would have to venture a guess that they are either between the roof panels, or run under the carpet near the doors. I believe my dads K20 runs them under the carpet, then up the rear cab "pillar".

3. I looked in the factory repair manual for a 90' Sub, and it shows it runs down the left front door sill,up the door frame and over to the dome light, the same circuit continues down the frame back along the rear door sill and up the rear door latch frame. From the top of the frame the harness goes to the rear cargo lamp.
    Hope this helps.

4. OldBlew

OldBlew Registered Member

Thanks,
    I've been out of the site for a couple of days.
    I've been in the middle of college finals.
    Hopefully, I'll have a little time soon to fix it.