Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suburban fender trim

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by yallgotboost, Dec 19, 2005.

1. yallgotboost

yallgotboost Newbie

I have a 1989 suburban 4" lift gonna run 39" tires id like to trim the fenders like this fender.JPG
    my question is what do you guys do with the sheet metal behind the lower quarter near the bumper just cut it and close it back off or just leave it all open

fender.JPG

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

mine is all open right now thanks to some nice rust, i will trim in a simaler way, but am planing to make a bumper for the rear that extends to cover that area sorta like a slider.

there is a seconed piece of sheat metal, behind that area, if you want a finished look try cutting 3/4" less off and then bent the exsess over to give a nice clean line, duck bill pliers should work good.

welcome to the site, and post up some pics of you suburban, we want to see it, you can upload them to the gallery found in the forums, or just click manage attachments and add them right to your post. :waytogo:

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah like shadow said, welcome to the forums,im scott the moderator for the suburban forum... while i cant answer this question for you me and the rest of us will be glad to help you with anything you need help with!