Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suburban got hit last night. *****UPDATE*****

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Muley, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

So it is about 11 PM last night and I wake up when I hear a car pull up in front of the house and park at the entrance to the field, before it goes up the hill, that my house sits next to and my street dead ends into. Well after a few minutes of nothing happening I get the feeling that something isn't right. So I call the Sherrif and ask them to come and take a look. Especially since so kids went through all the cars that were on the street a few nights ago.

My is kind of getting nervous since the Sherrif hasn't shown up yet, and she can't remember if she locked the Sub, which is sitting on the street in front of the house. Well the car finally desides to leave and backs the street, turns around, and leaves. About 2 minutes later the Sherrif shows up. I decided to go check the Sub, unlocked, and talk to the Sherriff for a minute. Give them the run down and go back in the house and go back to bed. They leave a short time later.

Now, about midnight the car comes back. So I get and say BS and call the Sherriff and tell them to get back out here. Well about 15 minutes later the car decides to leave again. Only this time they turn on the interior light before they leave, the whole inside of the car looks smokey. Then they back down the street, pulls a 3 point turn to leave. Well in the turn around process backs up pretty darn close to the Sub, I tell my wife, watch he is going to hit the Sub. As he starts to pull forward down the street, the guy figures he is to close to the curb and decideds to back up again. Then sure enough, BAM, right into the front bumper on the Sub. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So I am ripped, I call dispatch back and to find out where the heck the Sherrif is and to let them know that this guy is smokin pot and just backed into my Sub. She tells they are in route, I give her the full discription of the car, everything but the build date and license plate number (to dark) and hang up. I stand there at the window watching as they drive away.

Well I got a call from the sherrif around 1 am asking me if there was damage to my truck , I told him know. I then asked him if they caught the guy. They answered, no. So now my wife is just bent cause they had plenty of time to get out here and arrest the guys, before they backed into my Sub.

I went out this morning before work, and sure enough, a little paint on the bumper and some red tail light lense peices on the ground. Well, now I guess it is time to start driving through the neighborhood looking for a late 80's Honda Accord with a busted Drivers side tail light. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

What are my option, rather than calling cops, if I do find the car? I was thinking a little extortion. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: Suburban got hit last night.

A little note placed on the windshield under a wiper politely asking them to find somewhere else to smoke thier dope, or the next time you see them out front of your house, that the cops will be on the way. That should scare most kids. And if a parent happens too see the note, ...... well.

3. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

it would only be nice to bust the door glass and put the note on the seat /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I am think Muley with a lead pipe, in the The Garage. (CLUE)

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

The swallows fly at midnight! (HINT) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

I would have gone out and confronted them after you called the cops the first time. You could have gotten the license number and a description of the driver /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Im glad nothing was damaged badly or stolen though.

7. evilk5

evilk5 Registered Member

Take a picture and put it up at the local store pin-up board w/ descrition. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I woulda just caused a comotion. Dunno how rual the place you live is, but...

I woulda probably just started screaming at the top of my lungs like "What the @#!@ did you steal from my neighbors?"

"are you !@#! high on drugs"?

say whatever you need to say to wake up the WHOLE neighborhood. So that they come to the window. So they see. Ring people's door bells, get everyone up.

that way you have witnesses. Also witnesses that say you called the cops and they didnt show up.

BTw, unless the cops think someone's life is in danger, they generally wont come out as quickly.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Only problem I see with that is possibley getten shot. You never know what people have in the car. Confronting a group that may be on drugs loudly late at night, kinda sounds scarry to me. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

I am actually thinking paint ball gun. Then I can just spray the car. It will make it easier for the cops to find it. At least they people will have some explaining to do, whether it is to the folks, or to the neighbors.

My Wife actually told me that I should have grabbed the 30.06 and head out there, but I knew better, should ran out on the porch and yelled at them to stop, but I do not think it would have done any good.

I guess it is time to form the Eagle Mountain Militia to deal with them next time.

11. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

last time I was in that neighborhood, I saw several big rocks. time to padlock a big chain with a towing J hook on one end to one of those rocks, next time they come around sneak out and quietly hook their car, preferably on something suspension and then go out sceamin' see what gets wrecked. Little POS's do the same thing here in west valley. You just need to develop a reputation for being a hard a$$, then people will quit messin' with your stuff /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

i almost got robbed once...ONCE. i was sittin at my computer at 2 am, and heard some comotion outside. i look out front and there are 2 kids by my car. i watch to see if there acually doing anything, or if they just pulled over for some other reason. then i see one kid prying the door open, so i ran into my room and grabbed a hand gun and a b b gun that looks just lie my hand gun. and shove the real gun in the small of my back just in case, then i run out with the bb gun (i figured id need protection, because i have sort of a rep around here, so only idiots or bad asses would try to rob me) and i walked up tot he kids calmly, they were both about twice my size...and i said what the [darn] are you doing! as i pointed the bb gun at them, and they slowley retreated, and then i let them drive away, and shot out there tail lights with the bb gun. the only damage done to my car was a few scratches around the door handle, which they paid to fix without knowing it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

If you have a Carryt Permit, just walk out carrying open and act mildly interested in what they were doing

Anyone in my driveway gets greeted with one of guns in view, noe one has acted surprised yet

14. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

doing that with any gun here would get you in trouble, around here you would only be able to beat the hell out of them real quick but youll spend the night in jail for it, but thats alot better than what you would get for pointing a gun at a person, you dont see guns out in public here, ever, or concealed either, you get in big trouble for using a gun or even pointing one at anything other than game

good luck
    id be pissedand be takng care of business if that were happenign to me, ive had soem vandalism and theft around here that i wish i had seen who did or seen the vehicle that was used, somebody is lucky that i didnt catch them

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you have a Carryt Permit, just walk out carrying open and act mildly interested in what they were doing

Anyone in my driveway gets greeted with one of guns in view, noe one has acted surprised yet

[/ QUOTE ]

If I ever show up at your house, I better call first /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Gotta love SD where there are many times more guns then people !! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Weeeeeeeeeee!

18. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

Re: Suburban got hit last night. ****UPDATE*****

I think I figured out who the pot head was that back into the SUB. It is a car that frequents a house a couple streets behind me. Apparently me neighbor had the samething happen to him by his house a couple weeks ago, involving a car that looked like the I saw. So, I just need to wait for the car to show up, make sure the tail light is broken.

Here is what I am hoping I can get them charged with the following.

1. illegal possesion
    2. vehicle is disrepair - rusted out muffler
    3. littering - left pieces of his tail light on in the road
    4. hit and run
    5. possesion of drug paraphernalia(spelling) - can you get charged with that?

And now the worst one

6. keeping me up at night and causing me to go to work on only 3 hours of sleep. Punishment shall be death.

What do you think?? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Anything I can influence the Sherrif to charge them with if I find them? I know he felt bad that he did not get there is time and they ended up backing into my truck, so I might be able to get him to throw the book at them.

19. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I would try to plant some more evidence on the vehicle first....

Here's a list off the top of my head(in no particular order)

1. 10,000 counterfeit clams
    2. 1lb crack cocaine
    3. 3lb Mary Jane
    4. 4-7 gallons of White Lightening
    5. glue some nudie pics to the windows just for effect
    6. a few water pipes
    7. 10-15 used/rusty needles
    8. Used condoms in various sizes and colors
    9. Communist propaganda(sp?)
    10. and so on....

20. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I would try to plant some more evidence on the vehicle first....

Here's a list off the top of my head(in no particular order)

1. 10,000 counterfeit clams
    2. 1lb crack cocaine
    3. 3lb Mary Jane
    4. 4-7 gallons of White Lightening
    5. glue some nudie pics to the windows just for effect
    6. a few water pipes
    7. 10-15 used/rusty needles
    8. Used condoms in various sizes and colors
    9. Communist propaganda(sp?)
    10. and so on....

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Just add fraudulent tax papers or documents pointing to insider trading and he'd be history!