Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suburban help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by joea, Feb 18, 2006.

1. joea

joea Newbie

Hello Iam new to this site and have a question. I have a 94 chevy suburban that I have owned for some time. I purchased it from a police department , it was a police used vehicle. My question is does the suburbans used for police duty differ in any way like the caprice as far as engine or suspention? Mine still has some of the police eqiupment still on it. Iam going to change the bench front seat to buckets soon.
    thanks for any help.

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i know some got a chip in the computer that made them faster (suposidly) friend pulled one out of a older cop car they were scraping.

can you figure out what it was ised for? i had a OPP suburban once, but they only used it for towing no cool mods.

I would think it would be hard to make such a large truck good as a cruiser so it was probably a captins car or K-9 unit truck or something.

3. joea

joea Newbie

From what the auction people said it was used as a Department of Natural Resources truck . I remember one guy at the auction who told me he purchased one for the engine said it was the same as the cop caprices had I think LT1 or something like that. That is what I was wondering if mine had a better that production engine in it.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

maybe check the rpo# should be in the glove box to see if it is listed as different, i sont have a link to anything for 94 only up to 87. maybe someone elce will chime in.

MNR doesent strike me as a department that would be butting intersepter moters into a suburban, but maybe they did it would be cool!

5. Slapperbar

Slapperbar Retired Navy NDT Examiner Premium Member