Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suburban lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fireinthehole, Mar 15, 2002.

I just lifted my 90' Suburban 4", front and rear springs. Kit came with dropped steering arm, but am having trouble turning right. Took it to a shop and it is a little better. Sometimes it wont hardly turn to the right and then it turns sharp. Any suggestions on how to fix or at least help it turn better?
    Thanks

1. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

Dropped steering arm? Do you mean raised steering arm?
    Your problem -- does it consistantly not steer to the right, or does it only happen sometimes? It wasn't real clear in the post. How many miles are on your truck, what size tires, did this happen right after the lift was installed or did the problem exist and gradually get worse with the addition of larger tires??
    I seem to have more questions than answers.
    When you say 'Sometimes it won't hardly turn right' that seems like you have some worn steering components or maybe a cracked frame wher the steering box mounts.
    Hope this helps.

2. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I have a 90 Sub with a 6" lift a raised steering arm with no turning problems. Does it turn fine to the left? Maybe they didn't set the steering right. Post some pics, my link is below.

3. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

this is muddysub, my 1989 suburban w/ a 4" turns fine i did have problems at first, but i played with the drag link and fixed it.

4. Sorry, raised steering arm. The problem started after the lift. The front end is new,ball joints,tie rod,drag link,etc...are all new. Frame is fine. Installed the ORD brace & weld on kit anyway. I think its what MudbogAD said about playing with the drag link. I will try to post some pics later today. BTW, the tires are 305/70/16.
    Thanks for the replies.