Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suburban on pimp my ride

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by UseYourBlinker, Nov 14, 2004.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I have a bad feeling about this....It's on MTV right now /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

CK5 should have our own show... where we get to sink disgusting amounts of money into old GM trucks and turn them all into bad ass trail rigs!

3. UseYourBlinker

There ya go!

Well so far they replaced the springs with new Superlift springs (Looks to be about 8 or 6 inch) they also painted it Blurple /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif They are gonna put 37" tires on it.. I'll be back with an update /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

22" flipping rims /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Sometime like 10 TV screens(6 of which are in the floor /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. UseYourBlinker

Ahhh...they ruined it. The whole back section was a wall of speakers,and there were atleast 4 TV's in it. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

The chick that owned it was fawkin hott!! Yes two T's!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

Sorry, but I feel that was retarded. 37" tires on "blinged out" 22" wheels, tv's in the floor that to watch you have to look down, a sink that isn't big enough to wash your hands in, and a bunch of other heavy stuff that makes it impractical. What about the smoking motor and huge tires on stock gears??? Ah well, I agree that we should have our own show to make bad ass trail rigs! /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

that was pretty cool, i liked the interior, but what a hack job, they did nothing to fix her leaky engine, and they just put bondo (TM) over the big ass hole 's in the roof, all its gonna do is pop off in a couple of years, and that dumbass dude sayin' "now with the 8in springs on it it will ride better than with blocks"..........man all that show is is a paint job and a ton of A/V crap.....i would much rather be on overhaulin and let THE MASTER, Chip Foose mess with my stuff!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    that was pretty cool, i liked the interior, but what a hack job, they did nothing to fix her leaky engine, and they just put bondo (TM) over the big ass hole 's in the roof, all its gonna do is pop off in a couple of years, and that dumbass dude sayin' "now with the 8in springs on it it will ride better than with blocks"..........man all that show is is a paint job and a ton of A/V crap.....i would much rather be on overhaulin and let THE MASTER, Chip Foose mess with my stuff!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    oh no sh!t, Foose is the sh!t /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    oh no sh!t, Foose is the sh!t /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard some stories online about cars he worked on for that show that have had problems later.

I never heard of Foose before that show started but the chick co-host they got is pretty hot.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard some stories online about cars he worked on for that show that have had problems later.

I never heard of Foose before that show started but the chick co-host they got is pretty hot.

[/ QUOTE ] You never heard of Chip Foose prior too Overhaulin' ??? Dude, you have lived a sheltered life. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] You never heard of Chip Foose prior too Overhaulin' ??? Dude, you have lived a sheltered life. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, and from what I've seen on overhaulin', he doesn't build anything that interests me very much, I'd hope it's not a represantive of hsi work (although I'm not much for bling anyway.

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    and those are just his drawings, he actually turns those into real cars that look just like the drawings, this guy can do everything, i would love to be an apprentice at his shop!!! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif [​IMG]
    this one won the "best custom" and "The Ridler" awards at the 50th detroit autorama. each one of the front fender's was compleatly hand formed by him, that dude is waaaaaay bad

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Copy of email I just sent Pimp My Ride [ QUOTE ]
    After seeing y'all install 37" tires on a burb with stock axles there is
    no way I would let those idiots near my vehicles !!!! Wow, crappy body
    work, a paint job, and a crap load of A/V gear. Don't fix the engine,
    didn't know what was talking about when telling about a 8" all spring
    lift, stock axles with stocks gears. Yeah, that's a great idea. Burn up
    the auto tranny, break axles, and make it hard too stop ( stock breaks
    and 37" tires = "Oh [censored], I can't stop")

[/ QUOTE ]

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Ofcorse the email came back as undeliverable.

15. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Can't lose with 22's.

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With that kind of spelling you wouldn't get any respect anyway.

17. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

you can run 37s and half ton gear!
    that truck will not likely see much off road duty anyway. Just ask Robzilla about halfton running gear and 37s. He has been through hell and back [and on its side] with that set up and proven its weight in cash.

18. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There ya go!

Well so far they replaced the springs with new Superlift springs (Looks to be about 8 or 6 inch) they also painted it Blurple /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif They are gonna put 37" tires on it.. I'll be back with an update /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I thought the color looked good. It was the only thing I liked. At the start of the show I was thinking man I wish they would drop that thing off at my house by the end of the show I was thinking I wouldnt let crap like that drive by my house.

19. hawk368

hawk368 Registered Member

You think that was bad? Did you catch the episode where they did the 67 Mustang? Talking about doing a hack job. The floors were completely rusted out. And all they did was weld 1/8" steel plate over the holes. Didn't even remove the rust. I was screaming at them through the TV when I saw that. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Don't they have the brains to get and weld in replacement panels? /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With that kind of spelling you wouldn't get any respect anyway.

[/ QUOTE ] Don't care about spelling if you haven't figured it out yet, LOL. Besides, do you think the masterminds at "Pimp My Ride" would even notice any misspelling ?? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif