Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suburban p/u??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 5280k5, Jul 13, 2006.

1. 5280k5

5280k5 1/2 ton status

I really wish I was able to have gotten a pic. of this thing, but driving home
    yesterday I saw what looked like just another stock suburban coming at me, then as it got closer I noticed someone has cut the rear of the top off right behind the rear doors. No big deal, have seen sub's w/rears chopped off before. Then I take a look back in my rearview and they relocated the barn doors:eek1: to behind the middle row seat and this thing had a mini p/u bed where the third row would have gone!!! I couldn't believe someone pulled that off. Just wondering anyone else ever seen one before like this, or seen it done:confused: Looked pretty sweet from across the traffic at 40mph.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

few years back in the mags was a burban with back half of crewcab inplace of back gate/doors. then wheel tubs filled in. cut and streached frame with 8ft box on it. all riding on 44" boggers. dark purple and doing a big burn out if i recall.

3. blazenwhip

blazenwhip 1/2 ton status

I have some pics of one at an Outdoors Expo a few years back. I packed floppy disc with the pics when I moved, just need to find it. I've been wanting to find them to post the pics anyway. It looks like an 89 version of a what an Avalanche would have looked like. They left a small part of the rear window frame on each end, removing a center section if you will. Fabbed the rear clip to the front leaving a small window like the Avalanche while maintaining the rear A/C too. This also left a small storage space behind the rear seat. They fabbed dimond plate where the rear rollup window would have been and inserted a rear window off a pick up. It looked sweet. Pics would do more justice. As soon as I find them I will post them.

4. 5280k5

5280k5 1/2 ton status

I can't say for sure since I didn't get that good of a look at it but I'd swear they had complete rear barn doors still installed just moved forward to behind the middle row seat area. Weird looking but cool.