Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suburban roof replacement

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Jan 12, 2003.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

If I can manage to get a old 2WD suburban for parts, would it be possible to take the roof from the donor burb and put it on mine? On my burb about %90 of the body rust is on the roof panel and on the curved surfaces around the tops of the doors that would be hard if not impossible to fix. Any ideas on how much this would cost? I wanna do it quick though cause whenever it rains my interior gets wet from the rust holes in the top. If I ever get the dern digital camera I was supposed to get for x-mas /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I will take pics to show y'all. I would just replace the whole body but my interior is good and I really dont like messing with trim and interior panels. Anyway thx for the help.

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

woudlent it be easier to swap bodys..unless you are in love with the body you have now...seems to be that would be the way to go /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

i've been looking at my roof and it appears to be bolted down, however i bet there is alot of glue helping it out /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.. i ripped out the window guides for my tailgate. they were held in very very well with this glue stuff. i had to use a wire wheel to get it off... it may be more hassle then just getting a new body..

however subs have those extended roofs, and i doubt the factory would make it impossiable for the aftermarket to put them on .. go luck, let us know if you do take off the roof i'd like to know how hard it is /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif