Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suburban Seat Belts - Great Idea!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mstencel, Feb 22, 2005.

1. mstencel

mstencel Registered Member

Ok, I'm kinda patting myself on the back here. I just inherited a 87 Sub from my dad, and on the front seat belts (the part of the seat belt that's next to the console), the plastic that is supposed to hold them within reach is wasted like every other mid-80s GM truck I've seen. The holders from the 3rd seat, however, were MINT (and luckily still in the truck) and if you're like me, and don't use that 3rd seat, well...

You have to swap the left and right holders from the rear, b/c the holders aren't exactly the same, but if you put the left rear on the right front, and vice versa...PRESTO. Nice new seat belt holders for your buckets/captains chairs. No more scraping yer knuckles trying to dig them out.

Am I a genius? Or am I the last Sub owner on earth to come up with this?

Thanx for the great message board.

MS

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Nice!!

I wonder if I can go the other way? I need to convert my rear seat to shoulder belts but need the female ends on the seat. I wonder if I can put my extra front seat female ends ion the rear?

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

You are a genius;)

That's pretty cool man, it's nice when you find things that work out like that, especially when it doesn't cost you a dime:)