Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suburban Seat Swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by okie k5, Feb 20, 2005.

1. okie k5

okie k5 Registered Member

Hey,
    Here is my idea. I wanted to swap out the rear bench seat in my 88 K5 for a third row seat from a burb. I know they are probable the same width, but require different seat brackets since one is fold and tumble and the other is fold, tumble, and remove. The big reason I need to do this is the rear driver's side male seatbelt strap broke and I can't find one to save my life. I also can't get the old one out. The burb has integral seatbelts, for the kids, and it can be removed if I need the space. I thought I saw someone peddling some brackets on the site, but I could not find it. Does anyone know? Has anyone ever made any or should I just cut some out of a burb? Let me know what you think.

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I can't give you specific advice, but I always figure if you have a welder and a drill you can make bracket for anything. I made 99 Cavalier seats work in my truck.

3. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

The rear most sub seat does in fact measure out to the same width. As for mounting you will need all of the hardware that is in the suburban to grapht into your Blazer. Good luck. Let me know how it comes out, I really want to do the same.

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Contact Muddytazz, he made a set for me and they were awsome.

:D

5. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

It definitely works. I did it in my 75. What i did was welded a square stock rectangle frame up with the dimensions of where the mounts out of the suburban or tahoe line up and took some 1/4 in flat stock and welded it on the bottom of the frame which lines up with the factory mount holes. Welded axle u-bolt nuts to the top of the frame for spacers when you mount the sub brackets on so the seats clear when locking in. It is fully fuctional and the seats are removable like factory. I can provide pics by email . Let me know. I did it for the seat belts. More secure for my kids car seats and it looks good. The biggest key to the project is getting the sub seat mounts. There are seven of them and they are around a hundred bucks at the dealer.

6. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

It definitely works. I did it in my 75. What i did was welded a square stock rectangle frame up with the dimensions of where the mounts out of the suburban or tahoe line up and took some 1/4 in flat stock and welded it on the bottom of the frame which lines up with the factory mount holes. Welded axle u-bolt nuts to the top of the frame for spacers when you mount the sub brackets on so the seats clear when locking in. It is fully fuctional and the seats are removable like factory. I can provide pics by email . Let me know. I did it for the seat belts. More secure for my kids car seats and it looks good. The biggest key to the project is getting the sub seat mounts. There are seven of them and they are around a hundred bucks at the dealer.

7. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status