Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suburban TBI sending unit ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dyeager535, Oct 17, 2003.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Anyone thats had one out, can you tell me if the "fill-tube" was welded to the tank or part of the sending unit?

I have a sending unit that I pulled from a Sub. tank that I KNOW someone had at least monkeyed with (fuel lines cut off) so it could have been switched. I saw a picture of one supposedly from a 1990 Suburban, and it had the fill tube as part of the sending unit.

I know GM lists them in '85/86 as a different part # than a K5 one, but it would seem really odd for the fill tube to be part of the sending unit instead of on the tank itself like the Blazer.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

bah, gonna leave this one up just because it might help in the "why does GM list different part #'s for the Sub. and Blazer sending units".

I spaced out this morning, the thing I was thinking was the fill tube is actually the fill tube "vent" line fitting. This is the tube/hose that runs alongside the fill neck and empties back into it near the cap.

Not enough room on the sending unit to fit anything else, looked at my Blazer (or is it burb lol) sending unit after I posted, before I realized I'd have enough time to check it out myself.