Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suburban vs. Crew Cab.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90blzr, Jul 16, 2003.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know if Suburban seat belts and crew cab seat belts are the same? For the front and the first back seat? Are the ones from a Suburban the same as a Crew Cab?
    BTW, this is for a 1991 V3500.

Also...does anyone know if the 'B' pillar interior trim (the piece that runs from the headliner down to the floor between the front and rear doors) is the same in a Suburban and a Crew Cab /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Trying to find some pieces for the inside of a Crew Cab and wondering if I can rob a Suburban for them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Seatbelts i would think would be the same, as for the B-pillar, all i can say is see if one will fit.

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

The seatbelts may be a little different since a Sub has a rear mounted fuel tank(hence no raised area under the seat as p/u's do for saddle tanks) but they'll probably work. As for the trim panel, it should be the same piece...

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The seatbelts may be a little different since a Sub has a rear mounted fuel tank(hence no raised area under the seat as p/u's do for saddle tanks)

[/ QUOTE ]

My '84 Burb has the raised floor under the front seats just like a pickup. I think this varies from year to year as I've seen Burbs with the flat floor also /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My front seatbelts are the same as the ones in my crewcab. My gut feeling is the rear belts aren't the same since the seats fold. I just have to get my lazy ass out to my carport to have a look /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I don't believe the trim is the same since the Burb roof is taller than the pickup (my crewcab is a bare bones model with no trim, so I can't even compare them if I wanted to).

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

The Suburbans roof is higher than the crew cabs? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Do you know this for sure? I've heard now that the trim will work and that it wont /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Thanks for the info on there rest/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Hmmm I guess the later models(80s) have a raised floor? Our '78 2WD had a flat floor. Does yours have saddle tanks? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

7. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The Suburbans roof is higher than the crew cabs?

[/ QUOTE ]

By about 3/4" starting at the B-pillar. Easy to spot if you know its there. Burbs also have a single-walled roof where you can see the supports if you take down the headliner. Crewcab is a double walled roof. Bottom line: you're probably going to be doing the trim fitment by trial & error.

No saddle tanks in my Burb. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I had a 77 K20 parts Burb with the raised floor - so its not an age thing. The flat-floor Burb I saw was an 81-82ish C20.

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No saddle tanks in my Burb. I had a 77 K20 parts Burb with the raised floor - so its not an age thing. The flat-floor Burb I saw was an 81-82ish C20.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ah, so it's a 4WD/2WD deal. 2WDs have flat floors and 4WDs have raised floors... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Here is what I did. My truck was a '88 V30 crew cab, donor was '91 R1500 suburban.

From the suburban I used dash pad, headliner(front portion), A&B pillar moulding, steering column, bucket seats, door panels, center console and overhead console. The suburban headliner comes about 6" short of being able to use the crewcab C(?) piller mouldings, still better than no headliner.

I used the seatbelts from the suburban, rear set was stock crewcab. I do have all the side moldings from a white interior crewcab, just forgot to grab the headliner /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. By the time I went back the crushed the truck.

10. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Dan's teh man with the answer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Nothing beats first-hand advice.

[ QUOTE ]
    Ah, so it's a 4WD/2WD deal. 2WDs have flat floors and 4WDs have raised floors...

[/ QUOTE ]

Except my 84 C20 Burb has the raised floor /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif