Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suburban with a balzer top?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Nov 20, 2004.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

maybe its the beer talking but i was wondering if anyone has seriously thought about graffing a blazer convert top to a suburban it seams possible /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

willow

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I'd think its totally doable. Much like grafting on a full convert windshield frame except you'd have to graft on the whole roof with windshield frame and b pillars. Then come up with some kind of bed rails for the topper to sit on and stretch the topper. If I were to do it I would start with two toppers and graft them together. Hardest part would have to be the bed rails. Never really looked at the suburbans though. Maybe there is something already there. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Be really sweet as a full convert top.

3. original balzer

i was more thinking the half top 77 and later and keep it behind the rear doors put now you puttin ideas in my head /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

willow

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Just seems if your going to go to all the hassle and long hours, might as well go all the way and have something really unique. Better get a cage in there though to stiffen up the body again.

5. original balzer

i agree my original thought though was to cut out a blazer bulkhead and bed to graft onto the burb though i always think of the simplest way to do things lol but my way only makes the 3rd row seats convert and thats kinda lame

willow

6. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

someone here has a black one.. i asked the same about a year ago.. don't think i saved the pic, maybe he'll post up...

7. original balzer

either way it would be differnt and fun a sub is probably my next venture because i want something big enough to camp in

willow /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I guess anything is possible --yesterday I saw a nice K5 for sale that had Suburban barn doors morphed into the blazer!It looked cool!--but I bet it took a lot of work to do it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif