Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Subwoofer Box Design

Discussion in 'Audio' started by istallion88k5, Oct 17, 2000.

1. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

Has anyone come up with a cool sub box design for the back of their blazer? I am trying to come up with ideas on mine but I am curious as to what others have done.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

2. Chewy

Chewy 1/2 ton status

I dont't know if this is very "cool" but I built a box just long enough to fit between the spare and the wheel well. the longer it can be, the less deep it needs to be therefor you don't loose so much space. Hope this helps.

'87 Beast
    Colorado, USA

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Well, back in high school I had a 15 cubic foot (exterior volume) box with 4 15's in it. It was pretty cool at the time. 2 firing up and 2 firing towards the tailgate.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

Holy crap, don't need to go that far, I am sticking with 2 12's, was trying to get like a u shape so that I had the middle open to mount amps and stuff but damn Hifonics Zeus is to big to work out the way I want so back to the drawing board. I want a U shape but I am trying to figure out dimensions etc, it is for 2 RF 12" punchs, soon to be replaced with 2 12" dvc RF's which all the 12"'s recommend 2.0 cu ft for ported and 1.25 for sealed, I will prob go with sealed to keep dimension size down.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!