Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Subwoofers

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd like to bring up that there are alot of not so well know names of subwoofers on the market that put the big names to shame. I'm a big fan of Treo Engineering. I'd never heard of them till a friend had a set. Treo Engineering subs are amazing !!! I'd alway had Orion, Cerwin Vega, Rockford Fosgate, MTX, JL Audio ... the well known names. I'm telling you, Treo Engineering are well worth checking out !!! DD Audio are pretty awsum too. Don't let it fool you becouse you never heard of the name befor.

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

I have never heard of them before till you brought them up.. I have never heard them play before and never seen them... I will look it up in the CA&E directory and check out there stats to see how they measure up against other subs that i know of..
    One of the main reasons people buy " Brand Name" subwoofers is because of reputation, availablity, customer service, warranty work, etc... When you get into some of the no name brands people dont know what they are getting themselves into so alot of times they might listen to the sub and listen to a brand name.. the subs might even sound the exact same but because they never heard of the off brand they will spend the extra on the name brand... I will check them out and see if they are in the dictory and check out there stats...

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My friend Carrie has a set of 15's in the back of her Explorer. The first time I rode in it, she put in
    "Primus, My name is mud". The Treo's hit so hard I thought my head would cave in. She uses a MMATS D100 to power them.