Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Subwoofers

Discussion in 'Audio' started by dawson444, Nov 13, 2000.

1. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Ok, I'm thinking about rebuilding my side panels and putting in a sub in one of them. If you have re build your side panels, could you send me some pics of them (dawson444@aol.com) or post them here, I would really appreciate it. I also would like to especially see some pictures if you have done this and have a subwoofer in them. Thanks!

Dawson
    88 K5

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

You came to the right place...........check out my website below (just click on it) on photo page 1 and look what I did........added 2 10" MTX Thunder Woofers as well as 2 6X9 Clarions........made out of 5/8" particle board.......let me know if you have any questions.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Hey one thing not to forget when doing this is to seal the speakers off. There has to be an air tight encloseure behind the speaker for it to work good. And you may want to fill the area behind the speaker with poly fill. I have done this and it smooths out the lower frequencies when using an encloseure that is not made for the speaker it fakes out the volume of the box somehow. With a good speaker and amp combo making sure the amp has a high damping factor you will have the hard hitting kick drumb bass as well as the lower 120 htz and below bass too!!