Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

such thing as good insulated work boots for like 40 or 50 bucks ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Dec 13, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

or? i need a pair like 11 or 11 1/2" size

thanks for anything if anyone knows of anything ? maybe even someone knows of a pair someone has that they have no use for ?
    my feet are frickin freezing when out on farm working all day

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If you don't need steel toes, then check out the Herman Survivor hunting boots at Walmart. They're camo, but you can get them with at least 400 grams of Thinsulate (I think I've also seen them with even more this year) to keep your feet warm. They run $40-60. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I've got a pair of the 400 gram boots for mild weather hunting. They're prety nice, but don't hold a candle to my Cabelas Outfitter series boots. They have 1200 grams of Thinsulate which is good for typical Colorado Elk hunting weather. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif They're full leather and fit better, but they cost about 4 times the price of the Herman Survivors. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Your cheapest option for farm work are insulated rubber boots. I have pair that I use on muddy work sites- they are warm and waterproof and will last me about 2 years.

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

i dunno about yall, but if im gonna be on my feet all day, i want the best set of boots i can get. it makes a ton of difference. so even if money's tight, dont skimp on boots. get the best pair you can afford - its worth it. no suggestions for specific boots, however

5. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

"Herman Survivor" at walmart, these were just on sale here for like 25 bucks, I bought 2 diffrent pairs,I also have a pair Form wall mart made by earth shoe (23), I like those so much I bought some earth shoe shoes ($17)