Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suddenly developed a vibration...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ascuro, Feb 7, 2006.

1. ascuro

ascuro Registered Member

I'm stumped on this one - went for some very light offroading last weekend to go paintballing, and now my truck's developed a fairly harsh vibration. It only occurs when I'm moving, from around 20 to 40 mph. And only when I give it gas - it totally disappears when I just coast along.

The first thing I checked was if any of the weights on my wheels or driveshafts had falled off, all seem to be intact. U-joints all seem fine too. Come to think of it, the vibration only seems to happen in 2nd gear...though that might just be a coincidence.

I haven't really had time to check through everything due to work. Any ideas what it might be?

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Prolly a u-joint. The needles are prolly getting grinded up. You wont be able to see it though until you get pogosticked on the highway:D

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Don't overlook some other items . Check the tranny mount , motor mounts , crossmember bolts , and grab your yokes and make sure they are tight .

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I would pull the driveshaft and check the ujoints, sometimes they seem nice and tight in the truck but end up being bad when you pull the shaft.

5. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

check for mud and snow behind the wheels. (that's what it usually is on mine)

give the driveshafts a wiggle.

6. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Its always fun when you unbolt U-joint straps or U-bolts and it just falls apart in your hand.

7. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

the samething happened on my truck, it turned out when i went 88mph the flux copasitor malfunctioned so time travel wasnt possible.:D

8. Bigg R

Bigg R Registered Member

YOU MEAN THIS THING!!!!! www.az-d.org/flux.html

9. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

10. francis

francis Registered Member

delorean tech

ya know I am prolly the only delorean tech out there that has not seen back to the future:crazy: so when I saw my first delorean I had know clue wtf I was looking at. now I see them every day so it's nothing to me any more. they can make you teriffic amounts of money though which is always a plus. the cars are powered by a volvo v6 ohc ( over head cam) all aluminum block and either a five speed standard or three speed auto trans. they have no bottom end at all I think they develope like 180 horses which sucks cause everyone thimks they are fast cars. but don't get me wrong they are fun to drive. the looks alone are worth the car. you can buy one off the ebay for eight to twelve grand.