Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sudgestion

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by NJ SAR Guy, Feb 17, 2000.

1. NJ SAR Guy

NJ SAR Guy Registered Member

One thing I miss from the old board already. You have the visited links set up to be the same color as new links. On the old board, I would visit, and liik for blue links to see if there were any new posts on interesting threads I was following. Now you have the new and old links set up as the same color. Could you set it up to be something other than vlink = "#3333ff"?
    Thanks in advance.

NJ SAR Guy

Please excuse all of my misspelled wurds.

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I am still playing with things a little bit, but how it works is a little red triangle shows up in the folder icon next to the thread that hasen't been read yet.

Steve

3. NJ SAR Guy

I see that now. Unfortunatly, it doesn't work for the posts you've READ, only the posts that have been put there since your last visit. So if I log on, see 20 new messages, check 3 and come back later, all 20 of those messages get marked as viewed. Changing the vlink property would fix this. If you can do it, I'd realy appreciate it.

One way or another, good board.

Thanks Steve!

NJ SAR Guy

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Got a solution for you. Go to edit your profile and set the following options: Default sort order = Descending Date, Default Display Mode = Threaded Mode, Default View = Collapsed Threads.

That should give you a very similar look to the old forum. Once you click on a thread, the replies will stay with the little red triangle on until you read them.

Hope this helps.

<font color=red>////////
    BLAZER79</font color=red>

5. NJ SAR Guy

I am running that setup. Unfortunatly, the triangles are the new posts since your last visit, not what you haven't read before. But I see Steve has changed the vlink color anyway. Thanks Steve!

NJ SAR Guy

6. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I know it's not important anymore, but I wanted to point that I don't think that's true. I click on a thread, the message appears with about 15 titles of the responses below. 5 of these are unread (red folder). I logout, login again visit that same thread and again the same 5 have the red folder. [​IMG]

<font color=red>////////
    BLAZER79</font color=red>