Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suggestion: Change default search behavior

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by fredekr, Mar 14, 2003.

1. fredekr

fredekr Registered Member

I don't know if this is easy to do, but if people are impatient like me, /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif they probably type the words they're looking for in the search box, click "submit" and get nothing. It took me a few tries before I realized the reason I got nothing on searches like "NP203 oil": the default choices are "Entire Phrase" and "Newer than 1 week". I don't know what the defaults are when you just use the little box on the forum screen (versus clicking on "Search" at the top of the screen first), but they seem to be the same?

I suggest (if it's doable) to change the default options to "And" and "All Posts". Maybe then lazy/impatient/inexperienced people like me will get more results on their first try, instead of posting "What size tires..."

Just a thought...

cheers,
    Kevin

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Like it would kill ya to spend 5 more seconds to expand the search parameters. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif