Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suggestion

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 79Stomper, Apr 6, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

All of us look forward to receiving your products from the UPS guy or whom ever your using at the time. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Why not create a post here as to where we will know when to expect our deliveries and begin our garages for the work that is about to begin. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif I hate being in the dark and like to know where my stuff is and when it is going to be here. Just a suggestion. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have a feeling if his shop is very busy this could be very time consuming. Also not always easy to connect an order from a phone call to someones screen name here. I dont think it would be a cost effective thing for any business to do though some web based ordering system could probably automate something like this (and some companies do this).

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

if he is using UPS then you can get the Tracking number from him and go to the UPS web site and track your package as it is in transit. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    if he is using UPS then you can get the Tracking number from him and go to the UPS web site and track your package as it is in transit. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If Stephen had to take the time to get everone their tracking numbers, then he would never get anything done in the shop and no one would get their parts any sooner than before.

Plan your buildups accordingly. Don't try to buy something you need the next day or so. Plan ahead of time and buy ahead. This way you get enough time to do other stuff and when the ORD parts come in, you will be ready to do the task then. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We've looked at stuff like this a bit and it's not very practical for us. Heck, at this point, it's even hard for me to get on here to answer tech questions. We have played around with the UPS email system and don't really know how well it works since it's pretty single sided. And it's not great because they do charge for it. We're doing everything we can to get our inventory and production to the point that you don't have to wait for parts past the shipping time but every time we grow, something gets behind. Best thing to do is ask about the lead time when you order so you have an idea (and we typically tell you anyway, so you don't have any big surprises), and plan plenty of time for things to go wrong. I know it takes a while to get there but I'm to the point now that I don't take anything apart till I have the new pieces in my hands. My truck works fine now so any improvements wait till they're 100% ready to go. It's not ideal, but then we're not selling burgers here either.