suggestions and insight wanted

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sapper, Sep 12, 2003.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Jul 11, 2001
    After the trip to Uhwarrie a couple things were decided, the first is that the truck will eventually be a trail only trailor queen, and second is that i really need more gear. I have the 700 and 241 so the drive train is as low as stock gets (in auto) but the axles are running 4.10s, my 14 bolt will stay of course but do i regear the 10 bolt for a few hundred bucks or drop about 1500 on a 60 and haveing it regeared? 5.13s are whats going to get put in. tie size now is 40" gumbo mudders, about the same a SS 38" and will go to 39.5 TSLs once they are worn out. The 10 has been good so far and didnt give me any trouble on the 440 mile trip and wheeling in between. Give me some options. TIA
  2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Jan 21, 2001
    Trail rig? Would ya be towing or do ya still have to keep it highway friendly getting to the trail?

Here's my uneducated opinion.............

If ya are gonna be towing, drop the gearing down real deep, what ya said about 5:13 something or another.......

If ya got to drive it to the trail on the highway, then maybe a ratio lower than the best overall ratio........Does that make any drunken sense? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif