Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suggestions for Mods on 78 K5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Aquaman, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

<font color="orange"> Hey my friend and I got a 1978 K5, and a 1979 K5 Blazer for $200 each (I paid half, my friend has the hook up). The Blazer's body is rusted almost all the way through all over it, and most of the drive train on the 78 is shot except for the front axle. So we plan to swap everything that is better on the Blazer to put on the pickup. After that, we plan a shackle flip, homemade blocks and 38.5" TSL's on some wagon wheels that we are painting black. After that I am not sure. We will end up having a 400ci engine on it from the Blazer. It runs, but needs work.

After that, what do you think I should do? I want it to look tough, but I don't really care much about the looks. I think that a flatbed, and a half-door kit would be tight, but I'm not sure what he has to say about it. We plan to paint the body orange, and have everything else be black.

What do you guys think?
    </font color>

2. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue"> BTW... I don't have pics of the Blazer, but I have pics of my other 2 trucks... so just Click Here to see them. As you can tell, the 78 used to be lifted and fell on one side after a high speed donut, lol. </font color>

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

First, buy his half from him...cause you'll never agree on anything that will go on the truck and it'll piss you off when you cant do what you want with it.

Then do something similar to what BadDog has done with his...I think it's very very nice. Or put a mini truck cab on the blazer frame. But that's just me.

With tires that big, you'll probably want upgraded axles. Go ahead and rebuild that 400 and it'll be a good motor if you keep it cool.

4. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

<font color="purple"> I wish I could buy the other half from him. He bought the 2 trucks and I paid him a little under half of what he paid, so that I could be part owner. He won't sell the second half, and I don't really want to have both. Because we will split all the mods on it, and help each other out.

I want to keep most of the body on there, and make some kind of roll protection. Also I'm going to have a front bumper/front guard made, so that if I hit something, nothing will get hurt except for what I hit... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Anybody have any ideas? or pics of awesome trucks kind of like what I am describing? </font color>

5. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

Anybody got any other suggestions?