Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suggestions for selling my K5- methods, price, etc? PLZ HELP

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by 83k5inthefort, Jul 29, 2004.

1. 83k5inthefort

83k5inthefort Registered Member

Well, it's been a sweet rig for me, but I've got to get rid of her. My boss has offered me his 94 Suburban 2500 for only $3900, and I'm trying to raise the funds. So, if you experts out there could give me any advice on the marketing of my K5, and maybe some idea of what I should ask for it, I would appreciate it. Here are the details...
    83 Chevy K5 with Silverado package
    5.0L V8
    Rebuilt Rochester carb
    New 4" lift springs in rear
    2" lift springs in front (was planning on putting 4"ers on in two weeks)
    Brand new ORD shackles
    4spd OD Auto tranny
    33x12.5 tires and nice aluminum rims
    Front- Dana 44, open 8 lug (I think it's from an F250)
    Rear- 14 bolt, open full floater 8 lug
    NP208C transfer case
    Brand new Alpine CD player and 240 watt Pioneer 6x9s (less than 1 month old!)
    New ignition coil/module and distributor cap
    The truck has been my daily driver and has been super reliable. I even let my wife drive it alone, that's how much I trust the truck. It's not perfect, but for its age the condition is not bad. A little surface rust, the only rot is on the very bottom of the tailgate and barely noticeable. I have done a lot of maintainance work on it and was planning on keeping it for at least a few more years. All glass is perfect, electrical is good, brakes and steering are both great.
    Check out the pics:
    Pictures for your viewing pleasure

Thanks for your time, and again, any ideas of how to best sell this truck and at what price are greatly appreciated.

Josh

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

That seems like a really clean truck. Body being straight and all. A truck like that around here (here being Little Rock, Arkansas) would pull down somewhere between $3000- $4000. I would try running it in your local classifieds and see what kind of offers you get for it. I would also check those same classifieds to see what trucks like yours are going for.

Kris

3. 83k5inthefort

83k5inthefort Registered Member

I appreciate the feedback. That sounds like a good place to start. Anybody had any success using Auto/Truck Trader? How about the good, old fashioned for sale sign in the window?

4. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I've never used truck trader, but I've stopped for countless For Sale signs. Just make sure your truck is on a heavily traveled street and easily seen. Banks on Saturday after they close and all day Sunday, with managers apporoval of course, seem to be a good place to put a vehicle.

Kris