Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suggestions of front driveshaft

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by neverendingproject, May 23, 2006.

1. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

I've searched with not much luck. I put my zero rates on my front axle (moved an inch forward) and I have a 4 inch lift, and now I need a new front driveshaft. I was thinking of using a 89-98 one, IIRC those are longer but do they have a flange that will bolt up to my 208? Another option is going the square tubing side, but where do I get the yoke that I can weld to the tubing, and im thinking I could use part of the CV to connect it to my t-case, but what size joints are in the CV's? S44 or 1350?

Drivestrain is 383/700/208

Also, I would like to use something that I can keep when I do my nv4500/241 swap.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

If i were you i'd stay away from the stock type c/v its called s-44 or sagana - i call them crap- but anyways -go with a 1350 c/v with the new style 3.125 pilot built for your application and tube size- if you want to make it fit the 4500 swap maybe concider a long slip - Jess

3. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Ah yes, but im looking to spend less than 100 for a front shaft right now. Im going to end up getting one from you for the rear and sye, but I dont have that kind of money for a front shaft right now. If I could get one of those in the 200 range or less, that'd be great, but im just trying to get it to work for now.

4. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

I snapped my stock front shaft the otherday. Picked up some square tube today. 30 bucks in tube for what prices are here. All i did was cut the yokes off my old shaft and having them welded to the end of the tube. And still using the stock CV it had. I bought 3ft of each size and ill cut to fit so its perfect. Its alot better to do this for me cause i have very little money. And to spend 100 or more on a shaft that ill eigther bend or break isnt an option. And with this ill have goobs of slip so ill have plenty for when axles are changed and moved around.

5. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

Well there you go- its all good- Jess