Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suggestions on best way to install CB on a '01 Silverado 4X4 Ext. Cab

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by sg1021, Jun 7, 2001.

1. sg1021

sg1021 Newbie

Suggestions on best way to install CB on a \'01 Silverado 4X4 Ext. Cab

I'm considering installing a CB in the center console of my truck and placing the antenna in the bed. I'm curious if others out there have done this on a late model chevy and how they like it. I am also wondering about the best way to tap into power. I was thinking of tapping into the power seats, because of its close proximity, or removing the dash and trying to get to the cigarette lighter / power addapters from behind. I want a really clean install.

Thanks in advance

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: Suggestions on best way to install CB on a \'01 Silverado 4X4 Ext. Cab

Stop trying to steal power from other places and go straight for the fusebox.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Re: Suggestions on best way to install CB on a \'01 Silverado 4X4 Ext. Cab

Going to the fuse box is easy for you to say upi dont have one. ( the fues boxes arnt friendly to this) I ran a 2 gage wire to the battery and then under the floor to the driver side 2nd row seat, then driled a 1/2 inch hole and munted the powerinverter under than bucket.

I used a cobra remoute CB mounter inside the center consule and got the power for it from the Brake controler wireing. The Ham Radio is also remote and its getting it power right from the battery with both 10 ga wire both sides. I ran that wire though the firewall though the same holes as the hood relise. I was going to dril holes but have not done so. i did dril 2 holes though the top on eather side of the sun roof, right in front of the roof carryer rails one for the CB one for the Ham

72 Blazer 400TPI NV4500 NP203/205, 6 bolt FF14
    01 Suburban 8100 2500 4X4