Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suggestions on colors for a paint job

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by WILL, Feb 6, 2001.

1. WILL

WILL Registered Member

This 87 blazer I bought needs a paint job it is light tan on top and bottom and black in middle and i dont like it. Was wondering if you all would think that a dark burgundy or a hunter green would look goodin the middle. I have also thought of painting outside all burgundy or a dark green but inside of doors are tan too but not sure what it would look like.
    Got any suggestions because im really stuck on what to do.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

If I was to pay someone to spray my rig I would probably go with the dark hunter green type of color! I am thinking of doin the rattle can on my rig. I tend to get the sides scraped up on a trail ride so spending high $$ on paint is just not smart, for me anyway. Now if it is a street rig then I like the darker colors....

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

3. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

"Ultimate Line" the outside.
    Cheep, you can get it in any color, wont scratch, and wont rust from the outside in any more. Plus it just looks good. Check mine out im th ereaders rigs

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We have a lot of ex-Forestry K5's here, they are almost all dark green with the tan interior. Aside from brown there is not too many other colors that seem to go with the tan interior.
    If the body is relatively straight the dark green would look good.

Rene

[​IMG]

5. baldbandit

baldbandit 1/2 ton status

red looks good with tan! so does yellow!

baldbandit

6. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

you can never go wrong with BLACK. ALL BLACK. BLUE IS COOL TOO

baja surf nazi

7. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

When i get mine om gonna line-x the inside and outside a dark green . . . o yea i just won a raffle for the phoenix coyotes(hockey team) suite worth 1800$$!! Man life is good again .

[​IMG]its a mole . . . not a seal!!

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I painted my rig Metallic Grey, in high school. It's starting peel in certain places so I'm going to get a new paint job in the summer. Still don't know what color yet, maybe dark blue...

<font color=blue> Taxes are Stealing</font color=blue>

9. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

I've actually always been A fan of bright yellow and black, like steve frisbie's blazer. Thats probably what im gonna do when i get the cash flo to get all the stuff done to get id ready for paint.
    HAH !! OLD HAND !! HOW BOUT THAT !!

--matt
    shaggyk5: 85 Blazer, 6" lift coming soon!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5>http://www.geocities.com/shaggyk5</A>
    nuthin like a heavy chevy!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by shaggyk5 on 02/06/01 09:17 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

10. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

Can't go wrong with Black

Theres No Replacement for Cubic Inches!

11. northgate

northgate Registered Member

Sun Yellow. It's the color of those new Nissan Xterra's. Nobody would forget your rig.

12. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yeah I like bright colors too. Steve Frisbe's Blazer does look awsome. Bright yellow, neon green, bright orange are all cool colors. Scratches are harder to see on bright colors then dark ones,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

13. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I would first decide if how I'm going to use the K-5 (street & mild off road, back woods, rock climbing, so on)..... If you are looking at scratching the paint up I would go with a single stage paint job (easy to match if having to repair....Also using a stander color like white...... Scratches are seen in all colors some are easier than others.... If your are planning on doing mild off-roading than you could go with a nicer paint job and use more outstanding paint jobs (like metalic, candies, multi color jobs). Just my input.....
    For a color choice look at "Black Jade" and "Brandy Wine".

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

14. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I personally like Green... :)

Actually, My Blazer is Dark green outside and has a tan/Brown(Tan everything with a Brown dash pad) interior...

I have always wondered if this thing was either a Ranger/Army Corps Blazer or something.....

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

15. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I'm not really a fan of the color but white always seems to look good (a got a little bias because mine is white with a black top). The white doesn't show off all the little imperfections. Black looks sharp as hell but shows off all the dents and rust. If you don't care 'bout lookin pretty than you gotta love dark blue or black.

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

16. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

When I paint mine, I'll go to auto color and see what's available on the for sale table. The truck's black right now, and I HATE black. Mix it up in a cup gun and shoot it for about the same as a rattle can job and a lot better results.

Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!