Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suitable driveshaft with slip-yoke eliminated

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blue85, Sep 17, 2001.

1. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I have been thinking about getting a Ford or Dodge 208 case with the fixed rear yoke and swapping parts with my Chevy 208 to eliminate the slip yoke. I may as well have the big (1350?) U-joints at both ends since I will have a 14B rear end anyway. I understand that I will most likely need to have it re-tubed. With that said, does anyone know what kind of 3/4 or 1-ton truck would have a driveshaft with a good amount of slip joint to it?

<font color=green>"It is generally not adviseable to eject directly over the area you just bombed"</font color=green>

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

I think all the truck shafts will be way too long for a K-5. I'd go with a new CV shaft from High Angle Driveline.

73K-5: TBI350/TH-400/NP-203/14FF/D44
    Topless, doorless and no tailgate!
    Fresno, CA

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Like Jason said you need to call Jesse at Highangle and get you a CV 1350 driveshaft like me. The only drawback is that its ahhhhhh, Pricy!!! But well worth it.

"you know... the guy with the BAD A$$ spring perches!!![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

All of the local shops are telling me that a C/V is generally weaker and should be avoided (I know, opinions are like noses...). They also say that a Blazer with 6 or less inches is easy to get smooth without it. I know that I can always spend a bunch of money, but it is much more fun to be smarter and therefore afford even more upgrades.

Like I said before, I know that it would have to be retubed and balanced, but what kind of truck shafts should work?

<font color=green>"It is generally not adviseable to eject directly over the area you just bombed"</font color=green>

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Call Jesse. The man ROCKS!!! His CV shafts are NOT weak. I've got a 4" lift on mine and even after having dropped the case, I still got a little vibe. I'm saving the coin for a SYE and a new driveshaft from Jesse to get rid of ALL vibes

Kyle
    89K5

6. blazbrnc

blazbrnc 1/2 ton status

How much slip are you looking for? Any blazer or truck with a 203 transfer case has a slip yolk in the drive shaft. I'd say it extends/compresses at least 6".

'79 K5, '79 Suburban, '76 Br**co, 77 K20
    '99 BB 4x4 Suburban to tow more junk home

7. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I have a Dodge version NP208. Came out of an '80 3/4 ton truck. If you're interested, let me know....

Marv